Saved by the Bell

"Leave."

The command was harsh, angry, yet collected, from the girl holding the weapon.

Carla stood her ground. "Okay," she began, cautiously, "just lemme text my mom to tell her I'm coming home early."

The girl rolled her eyes but let Carla grab her phone, still pointing the firearm at her.

Carla typed out her message, not looking at the screen, eyes directly on the girl in front of her.

The Order

Carla: Come to the girls bathroom

Kid: why?

Carla: ...we have a situation. Cindy has a gun, right?

Cindy: yep! :3c

Carla: You should come over here. Bring it with you. Maybe your squad too.

Cindy: omw!

The girl had her finger on the trigger now, narrowing her eyes. "How long does it take for you to text your mom?"

"Sorry, I'm just a bit nervous, heh. Making a lot of typos here." If nothing else, Carla was a brilliant method actress.

And in an instant, a group of people burst into the room, these people being Tiffany, Rebecca, Penny, Lily, Ozzy, and Kid, all led by Cindy.

Who was holding a pistol.

Why did so many kids in this school have guns?

The girl, in a moment of shock, dropped the gun, and in that moment, Penny focused in on it, her mechanical eyes glowing red, and it exploded in a blaze of fire. She blinked a few times, and her eyes returned to normal.

The girl recoiled, coughing from the smoke, as did Jay and the rest of their gang. Felix took the opportunity to stand back up, trying to steady himself and stop shaking. He ran to Cindy's side, mostly to avoid getting caught in the potential crossfire.

"Wait a minute," he heard Ozzy mumble, pushing to the front of the small crowd to get a better view.

He looked at the girl, bewildered. "Alice?"

"Oswald," she growled in return.

"Ah fuck, she's pilled," Kid groaned.

She stood up along with the others. Jay, for one, looked absolutely livid, as they took a step forward, presumably to enact their revenge. Cindy raised her pistol, pointing it at Alice.

"On God, you take one more step forward I'm poppin between this bitch's eyes," was her elegantly worded threat to them. And with nothing to fight back with, they were forced to comply.

Still pointing the gun at them, Cindy backed away, the rest following until they had left the room.

She turned to Felix. "You okay, babe?"

He didn't respond.

She let out a hollow laugh. "Yeah, dumb question, I know."

And with that, they headed back to the clubroom.

After a long while of nobody talking, Kid finally spoke up. "Well, I for one think now is the time to take action."

"What do you mean by that?" Jerome asked, already knowing what he meant but wanting to be part of the dramatic reveal.

"It's time to save our friends."