The chapter solely about cleaning up

"Hey, the house is still a mess, can you guys help me with that?"

"No, I still hate you."

Sigh

"Alright fine, I'll do it myself."

"Hey Feeeeliiiiix~"

Sigh

"What?"

"I can help you~"

No.

"Okay."

That was the quick conversation Felix took part in, in which he learned that his brother was still just as much of a dick as ever. So there was good news and bad news.

The good news was that someone had offered to help.

The bad news was that it was Cindy.

She wasn't even doing anything, besides making annoying, unnecessary, and entirely unwanted comments about last night.

And Felix wanted to move on from last night, because last night was awful.

They, or rather, he worked for a while, trying his best to ignore her, until she started getting all... touchy-feely. Not stopping with what she was saying of course, in fact now it was getting a little more intense. He could maybe tell her to stop, he just had to think of a good reason.

One that wasn't "I hate being around you, please go away."

Okay. Think. Make it obvious that you need her off of you, but not that you want her off of you. She was really making it hard to focus. That much was true, so just tell her that part and don't mention how much you hate her.

"Could you please get off of me? It's making it a bit hard to focus on this."

"Then maybe we could find something else to do for a bit?~" she suggested, with a sweet grin that contradicted her words.

He could hear it in her tone. She clearly had it on her mind, or else she wouldn't have been touching him that much, right?

Still, it was hard not to wonder... would she have dropped it if he hadn't said anything?

She wrapped her arms around him, pulling him close, and he prepared himself for the worst...

Bang!

"Hey."

They both looked to the door that had just been slammed open to find Carla, standing there casually like she hadn't almost broke the door.

"Was I walking in on something?"

"Yes," Cindy answered, annoyed, but there was something in Carla's voice that Felix noticed.

She knew.

Of course she knew, he had added her to the groupchat, but she didn't seem to care much then.

He had been mistaken.

"Welp, we should probably get to work, huh?"

And just like that, Cindy pulled away from him with a huff.

And then it went smoothly. Not only did he get help cleaning up after the party from someone who actually attended it, but she kept Cindy in line!

Cindy couldn't say anything uncomfortable with someone else there, and every time she tried to move too close, Carla would ever so subtly interrupt her. It was perfect.

He would probably owe Carla after this, but he didn't care. His family was rich anyway.

They were actually able to get it all done, with Cindy even pitching in occasionally.

He thanked Carla, which Cindy took to mean for helping clean up, but Felix and Carla both knew it was thanks for helping avoid the disaster that was Cindy.

Maybe there was a solution, after all.