Big Twists and Bad Times

After eating several s'mores and Rice Krispies, and playing Twister that only got mildly homoerotic, the group went to sleep. The doubling-up-on-sleeping-bags thing went over surprisingly well with Felix, who wasn't there for when they were planning it.

In the morning, at around 10, they heard a knock at the door. Kid went over to see who it was.

"Uh, Felix?"

"What is it?"

"It's uh, it's your girlfriend."

_______________________________________

No.

No no no no no.

God, this was my one chance to be away from her!

"Felix is on the ground in a ball again," Ozzy called out.

"We don't have to let her in, y'know," Kid said.

Cindy huffed. "Rude. We just wanted to come hang out."

What do you mean "we"?

_______________________________________

There were two other people standing by Cindy, Kid noticed. One had a lollipop in her mouth, one earring, and short black hair dyed pink at the tips that almost covered one of her eyes. The other had strawberry blond hair that reached down to her shoulders, and looked really soft.

The redheaded girl added on to Cindy's statement, "Yeah! It'll be a great opportunity to make new friends! My old bestie... kinda disappeared."

Well shit.

"Hey, Felix," Kid called back, "we mmmight have to let them in."

"What?!"

"Calm down, dude. It'll be fine."

"Yeah, Felix," Cindy added, "don't you wanna hang out with me?"

Reluctantly, Kid invited them in.

Cindy smiled. "So, I'm sure you've all met me..."

Her response was a collective glare.

"but these two are my best friends! Everyone, I'd like you to meet Tiffany" she gestured toward the girl with black hair, "and Rebecca!" she pointed to the girl with red hair.

"Right, uh, hey, Kid? Can we go talk?" Felix did not at all seem happy.

"Sure. Penny, can you make sure nobody breaks anything?"

She saluted, and Kid and Felix went into Penny's room.

As soon as the door closed, Felix practically yelled. "What the hell were you thinking?!"

"Rebecca's friend 'went missing', Felix. Who knows, it could be someone the principal kidnapped, meaning she's a valuable witness! I'm sure you can handle it, can't you?"

"You underestimate just how much I hate her."

Hoo boy.

"Listen, I'm sorry, dude. I really am. But we need Rebecca's point of view, and her, Tiffany and Cindy are just a package deal."

"I just... don't like this."

"I know you don't. But we'll help! Cindy can't pull anything with us here!"

"I... I guess."

"Of course you do. Now c'mon, let's go back."

With Cindy there, the atmosphere wad much less energetic. Rebecca was sweet and pleasant, and Tiffany's sense of humor was similar to theirs. But Cindy ruined it.

Multiple times, Kid had to get between her and Felix, and at one point they had to make a specific "no fucking" rule.

Which was a little upsetting, because that totally got rid of all the gay shit Kid wanted to do.

Still, they had to help Rebecca.