Secrets Kept

"Buggs did WHAT?"

Felix was pissed. Only HE was allowed to hurt his brother!

Damnit, this was the second time Ted had broken that leg!

To be fair, the first time was when he had been smacked into a 20 foot deep pit and covered in spiders, but that had happened to Felix too, so they were even.

It had happed to Felix too, so they were even...

That was it. He knew what to do.

He was going to stab Buggs in the knee.

Apparently he had said something like that aloud, because Ted weakly told him not to, before asking what happened.

"What do you mean, 'what happened?' What happened to you?"

"I knocked out Buggs and he got his revenge. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about you. You and Cindy. What happened," he responded, wording it more like a command than a question.

"It's nothing. You don't need to worry about me, worry about your leg! Doesn't it hurt?"

"Not as much as hearing you two up there."

Oh. He heard that.

Felix just hoped he didn't hear too much, although clearly he didn't, which was why he was asking.

"Teddy, it's-"

"Theodore," he growled. "What happened."

"You don't want to know."

"I don't, but I need to."

"Teddy, listen to me! You do not need to be involved."

"Felix-"

"You. Do. Not. Need. To. Be. Involved."

"Yes, I do."

"Well, I'm sorry you feel that way, Teddy, but you should know by now that your opinion, on this issue or on any other, does not matter to me."

"I don't care. Tell me."

"No."

It may have been cold, but he didn't care. Teddy didn't need to know. He shouldn't have told him any of this, he didn't need to know. It was better off if he didn't. He was sure he had made it clear, but his brother was insistent on learning what he shouldn't. It was none of his business anyway.

Unless it was.

But Felix didn't want to consider that possibility, he was already under enough stress and so was Ted.

Speaking of stress, within all the trouble, Felix hadn't noticed that their parents were to be back the day after tomorrow, which was also the day spring break ended. Perfect.

Ted would get a break from school, since you can't do much with a broken kneecap, but Felix wasn't so lucky.

If you could call getting stabbed in the knee lucky.

He would be expected to maintain his grades, since nobody else could know what was happening and the Huxley family had high expectations for their children.

Specifically Felix, they had just seemed to accept that Ted was a lost cause.

He wondered what would have happened if he had succeeded 12 years ago.

Would he have been removed as heir? Would he have been disowned?

Would he have been punished at all?

With the way their parents were, it seemed like the answer was no.

With the way the other kids were, all the punishment he would have needed would have come from them. They all hated him, with good reason.

Was that his legacy?

Was the psychopath with golden child syndrome all he was?