A Total Mindfuck

The Order was holding a meeting discussing what they had learned.

Penny was talking about her and Carla's trip to the principal's office. "I noticed a small lump under a mat, about the size of a latch, and made of metal."

"How can you tell it was made of metal?"

"Metal detector."

"Oh yeah."

Carla continued. "He was saying some pretty suspicious stuff. Anyway, I have detention now. This better be worth it."

Ted figured what he learned was important, so he chimed in. "I'm pretty sure my dad is planning on selling me to the principal for human experimentation."

Shhhh.

Listen veeery closely.

You hear that?

That's the sound of Felix's worldview shattering into teeny tiny bits.

Now he's on the ground in a ball.

"Damn." Ozzy stood up. "Well, it was nice being here to witness Felix's existential crisis, but I gotta go. My therapist is gonna touch one of my shoulders and I'm not allowed to touch the other one!"

And with that, he departed.

Felix was still hyperventilating on the ground, now for three reasons!

1. He had just gotten stabbed half an hour ago.

2. Everything he had been raised to believe turned out to be all lies.

3. In about 10 minutes, he was going to go to his abusive girlfriend's house, where he was no doubt going to be forced into sex.

Everything was going wrong. Everything was going so horribly wrong.

And there was nothing he could do about any of it. Ozzy was in therapy at the moment, he couldn't help him now. Nobody could help him now.

"....dude?"

He rolled over. "What."

"Are you okay?" Kid asked.

Felix was less okay than he had ever been in his life.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

Kid frowned. "If you say so."

The meeting wrapped up, which meant Felix had to go to Cindy's house. Slowly, he got up. During the meeting, Kid and Ted helped him with the stab wound at his side, and by the time they had to go, he had at least healed enough to walk.

So he did. Very slowly. Not out of pain, just out of reluctance.

felix cmoon

Yeah, yeah, I'm coming.

u better be

God, he hated her so much.

He dropped Ted off at home following a conversation that consisted solely of Ted worrying about Felix and Felix insisting he was fine. Then, he headed to Cindy's.

Slightly trembling, he slowly opened the door and walked into Cindy's room. There she was, sitting on a fluffy pink beanbag chair with her arms crossed.

She stared at him, not with any specific emotion in her eyes.

He broke the silence. "This... isn't about last week, is it?"

She stood up, walking towards him. "Oh, it's about last week. But more so, it's about how I couldn't contact you at all since then!" She had him backed against the wall now. "You can't leave me alone like that, Felix! I need you!"

She latched onto him, looking up at him with sad eyes. "You still love me, don't you?"

"O-of course I do!" It was probably best not to piss her off.

She smiled. "Then why don't you prove it?"