''Oh, I thought I'd never utter these words , but thank god it's you.It's me.Simon.'' 

Jace looked at her before looking at the phone, ''Where are you?Where's Clary?'' ''I don't know, some Chinese restaurant, I think? This cop, Alaric arrested us but it was a total fake out-'' Katherine frowned and looked at Izzy  as Simon started speaking in a fast pace ''-him and his buddy, they took us to their hangout and then they told Clary they'll kill her if they don't find the cup.''

Katherine looked down at the phone, ''Whoa, Simon, calm down, okay? Take a deep breath in.... and now tell us what you see.'' ''Okay, uh..we're definitely on a prier. There's a ton of water-'' Jace looked at Alec who nodded his head ''- I see lockers and...oh my, I'm in some sort of torture chamber.There's claws marks all over the wall.''

''Werewolves.'' Izzy said and Katherine nodded her head as Alec looked at his sister, ''That's possible.'' Jace moved Katherine's arm until it was directly under his face ''Okay, Simon, you need to get more specific.Tell us what you see, help us find you.''

''There's nothing else that can help Ja...wait, hold on, I am at the Jade Wolf Chinese Restaurant-'' Jace pulled his gloves out -'' on the pier at Greene St. and they have really inexpensive cocktails.Just hurry, just hurry.'' Katherine handed the phone to Alec before pulling out her own gloves ''Create a diversion,Simon.Stall them.'' she told the mundane.

''How? All I have are clothes and a lighter.'' she suppressed her urge to snap at him.

So do I. She looked up at Jace and despite their earlier argument smirked at him which he returned, '' Start a fire, Simon.'' ''That never works, have you ever seen an action movie?'' Katherine smacked her lips, ''No, not in a long time, have they changed?'' Jace sighed, ''Kate, not now and we're on our way.''

~*~*~*~*~

The sound of alarm rang in Katherine's ears as she and Izzy spotted a window with bars on it, ''Well, Iz, now would a great time to use that whip of your's.'' Izzy chuckled as her bracelet became a whip and she wrapped it around the bars before pulling them out. ''Well done.'' Katherine pulled out her blade and both girls looked around in the smoke until their eyes landed on Simon, a smile decorating Katherine face as she saw him unharmed, ''Hey there, bud.''

''I'm getting seriously tried of saving your life.''

Simon smiled at seeing the two girls, ''I am not.'' Katherine clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth, ''Don't get used to it.''.

As the three walked to the front of Jade Wolf, a searing pain in Katherine's left shoulder made her groan and touch that area to wipe away the blood, Izzy looked at her, ''Kate? Are you alright?'' she nodded her head through the pain, ''I am fine, don't worry about it.''

She saw Jace and Alec coming towards them with Clary and relief spread through her as she saw Clary hug Simon.

Clary then looked at Katherine , ''Oh, Kate.'' she hugged her and Katherine winced at the pressure but hugged her back, ''Good to see you too, Clare.'' ''I hate to break up this little reunion, but we got a bunch of werewolves trying to kill us so maybe we should-'' Katherine gasped as Clary pulled away from her and felt dizzy.

Alec was the first one to see that Katherine had blood running down her left shoulder and looked deathly pale ''Kate.'' he caught her arm  as she fell towards him, Jace held her other arm and looked at her with concern. ''Alec, her shoulder.''

Katherine saw black dots in her vision and her knees kept giving away ''I don't understand, she didn't get hurt.'' Izzy said after Alec pulled her shirt down from her left shoulder for everyone to see a huge amount of blood coming out, ''It's a weird type of wound, a star shaped, opens up on it's own.'' Jace explained as Alec activated her irtaze and Clary looked at her own shirt which had a blood stain.

Alec's throat tightened with panic when the wound didn't heal,''It's not taking it.We need to get her to Magnus's, he would know something.'' ''Here let me try.'' Izzy ran her stele over Katherine's irtaze, but it didn't work either, ''It's okay, I am okay, guys.We have a bigger problem.'' the Herondale winced  as Jace tried to activate her rune, ''It's not gonna work, and if we don't do something about the wolves, we'll all be dead.''

Simon nodded his head as Alec lifted Katherine up in his arms and she snuggled in his jacket, clinging to him, ''She's right, let's get out of here.'' he turned to leave. ''Wait, Simon.Whatever you do, do not make any fast moves.'' Izzy held out her arm to stop him.

Katherine lifted her head up to see that creatures with green eyes that were glowing and fur of different shades had surrounded them and she sighed, ''Alec put down.'' he simply tightened his grip on her, ''Please?'' he shook his head and pulled Katherine closer into his chest,. ''This can't be good.'' Jace pulled his blade out while Izzy cracked her whip.

Alec pulled his seraph blade out, unable to use his bow as Katherine was in his arms, ''Everyone, stay together.'' ''Believe me, I am not going anywhere.'' Katherine despite her magical wound snorted at Simon's comment.

A larger wolf stepped out from the  restaurant  and Jace pushed all of them behind, ''Everyone get back, that's the alpha leader.'' ''Uh, oh.'' Katherine gulped  as the wolf ran towards them but before he could attack them ,another wolf howled from their behind and jumped down on the attacker wolf and pushed  both  of them into the crates. Katherine frowned as she watched the wolf attack its alpha, ''Is he...challenging him?''

Alec nodded his head, ''Yeah, he's challenging the alpha.'' ''He's helping us.'' Clary looked at the scene in front of her.

''Or cutting in line to kill us.'' Katherine scoffed, ''Nah, I don't think he' s doing that,Simon.''. All of them cautiously moved towards the crates, well in Katherine's case got carried to the crates and saw the alpha as a human laying dead on the ground, ''The alpha's dead.'' Izzy said and they all watched the second wolf come into their view before a green light surrounded him and he became someone very human with his shirt torn and bloody

Someone Katherine last remembered as a man who had brought her her favorite chocolate cake, someone who always understood her. Katherine blinked at the man as Clary gasped out, ''Oh my god ,Luke.'' the wolves then started howling and she  kicked her legs until Alec gently lowered her to the ground, her head again became dizzy and she leaned into Alec who wrapped his arm around her.

The wolves became human and bowed down to Luke. ''What is it?What's happening?'' Katherine looked at Clary, ''When a werewolf kills the alpha leader, he becomes the next alpha.'' she looked at Luke in concern as Jace completed her sentence, ''Your friend Luke's the leader of the pack now.''

''Clary....'' Clary tried to move but Jace stopped her, ''It's okay.'' she moved towards Luke just as another jolt of pain crashed against Katherine and Alec again took her in his arms, ''Your wound, it's again bleeding.'' he pressed against the wound but Katherine took his hand in her own, dread making his hands shaky and sweaty.  ''It's okay.It's okay.'' she smiled up at him through the pain but before Alec could say something, Luke started to fall to the ground, ''Luke oh my god.'' Clary and Simon rushed to take each of his arms.

Alec stopped Jace and he looked down at Katherine who groaned and withered in pain ,in concern before looking up at Alec. '' Hey, we need to get Kate to Magnus's and Clary back to the Institute and stay out of downworlder business.'' ''Why don't you stay out of it? I am going to help Clary and Kate.'' Jace held out his arms as another spasm went through her and her eyes started to get heavy.

Alec didn't put Katherine in his arms, instead frowned at him, ''We have to report back to our mother.'' Jace gently took Katherine out of his arms and into his own and Katherine felt the lack of warmth that was coming from Alec's body. ''You and Isabelle can do that. We two will be fine on our own.''  he walked away with Katherine in his arms .Alec looked down at Katherine one last time and it pained him to see her the way she was. 

Katherine finally gave in to the sleep her body want and sighed against Jace's chest, it didn't give her kind of comfort Alec did, but it did give her the warmth and a bit of comfort. She saw Simon and Clary carry Luke to his car and Jace carried her over to the car before sleep took over.