Simon's kidnapped part 2

Start from the beginning

~*~*~*~*~

''Told you.'' 

They found Clary standing outside the Brooklyn Academy of Art, her phone ringing and the mundanes around her looked at their phones which made Katherine snort.

''Why'd you run out?And what's the point of an invisibility rune if you don't silence your phone?'' Alec scolded her and Katherine looked around at the mundanes, it made her feel weird, she never really had been a mundane as Jocelyn had drilled about the shadow world into her since a young age.

''That was childish, sneaking out like that....'' Clary picked her phone up , ''Simon hey.'' she walked a bit away from the two and Katherine scoffed, ''Seriously?'' as Alec and her followed after the Fairchild who, to no one's surprise was still talking on her phone and after seeing the two raise a hand in their direction, ''Can we talk later? Things are kind of insane right now.'' and then after a reply from Simon again answered back, it became annoying to Katherine and one look at Alec told her that she wasn't the only one.

''Hang up, that's it.We have to go right now.''

''No, I am on my way to the loft.There's something there that I think could help me find my mother.'' Katherine rolled her eyes at the younger girl's stubbornness.

''I am fine, I am with Alec and Kate.'' she again spoke into the phone and finally hung up as Alec looked around, ''Mundanes, look at them, running around like ants.'' Katherine scoffed and was about to reply when her phone rang, ''Give me a sec.'' she walked a bit away before answering, ''Hello?''

''Sunlight, are you okay?''

Alec looked at Katherine as she talked on the phone, the way she smacked her lips together or how she ran her hand through her hair or the way her lips parted a bit whenever she was shocked or annoyed, he couldn't see the way he looked at Katherine but Clary did, and it bought a smile on the younger girl's face and also a question, ''Why don't you tell her?''

He looked at her and frowned, ''Tell who what?''

''Tell Kate how you really feel about her?''

Alec didn't hide the annoyance he felt around Clary, ''And you would know how I feel about her?'' Clary scoffed softly, ''Isn't it obvious enough to anyone who sees the way you two look at each other? You are in love with her, Alec.'' He froze and watched Katherine walk towards them ,''I-I don't love her .'' he stammered out but before Clary could say something Katherine reached where they were, ''Hey, sorry. It was Magnus, being a father....What's going on? And Alec, are you alright?'' she saw the way Alec appeared to be frozen , ''I am fine.'' he looked anywhere but her.

''Guys, we have a real problem to solve, okay?'' Clary grabbed Katherine's hand and patted Alec's arm ,''Come with me.'' Katherine looked at her and pointed to her hand that she had grabbed, ''Not much of a choice here.'' Clary chuckled while Alec walked behind them, ''This better be quick.''

~*~*~*~*~*

Clary ran to hug Simon who was standing with his hands on his face.

Katherine looked around at their surroundings, graffiti covered every wall, even a van and the doors which made Katherine mentally scoff at the mundanes who had done it and as the scent of the dampness around them entered her nose, she wrinkled in disgust and one look at Alec who was looking up at the sky, told Katherine that he felt the same way.

She then frowned as she remembered his earlier behavior and opened her mouth to ask Alec about it but was cut off when Simon's voice reached her ears, ''Yeah, it's just a cold, not the end of the world.'' he replied to Clary who had asked him something that Katherine hadn't paid attention to, ''The world's been ending for a thousand years.'' Alec said and Katherine nodded her head, ''Now we need to move.'' ''Like, really, really move.'' Katherine looked at the pair of best friends, hoping they understood the emphasis.