Baby Shower

Fallon was in a nice pink dress.  It was the day of her baby shower.  She was nervous.  She was set to meet more of Archer's distant family and other princesses and queens.  Linley was helping her with her hair. 

It had been two months since their shopping trip.  Since that day the nursery had been finished and it had become Archer and Fallon's favorite place to relax after a long day.  It was only a month away from the birth of the babies.  Fallon was getting more nervous as the time got shorter.

Linley put her hand on Fallon's stomach and said, "My nieces will be here soon.  Are you feeling okay?"

Fallon yawned.  "I'm fine.  I'm just really tired.  My back is a little sore, but it's been like that for a while.  They are getting heavy and I don't know how much more my body can stretch.  Then today I'm meeting all of these beautiful princesses and Queens that Archer could have at the snap of his fingers."

"That man is obsessed with you.  He is so ready for these babies to be born and to be a daddy.  The two of you are going to be fine.  I'm surprised that Henry was able to get him away for today.  I thought for sure he would be hiding out here in case you needed anything."

Fallon chuckled.  "He has been a little whipped lately, hasn't he?"

Linley laughed.  "Oh yes."

"I hate that my mom couldn't make it, but I am glad that she is going to be able to be here for a while after the babies are born."

"Yeah.  Are you about ready, momma?  Everyone is waiting for you.  Let's go celebrate my little loves from my very best friend."

Linley helped Fallon to her feet and they made their way to the ballroom.

Fallon was amazed when they walked in to see the room decorated in a Kate Spade theme.

Fallon gasped and said, "This is perfect.  You all did wonderful."

Linley led her over to the desserts. 

The queen came over and hugged Fallon

The queen came over and hugged Fallon.  Sophia asked, "What do you think?"

Fallon sniffled and said, "It is too much.  The cake and cookies are perfect.  I can't believe that you did all of this for me."

"Oh, sweetheart.  You are a member of our family.  Of course we were going to make sure it was perfect."

Fallon smiled and said, "I've always wanted a Kate Spade purse."

"You don't have a Kate Spade purse?"

"No."

"We will have to change that.  I do have one other surprise for you before we start introducing you to everyone."

The queen took Fallon's had.  Arabella and Linley followed closely behind.  Fallon squealed when she looked up to see her mother, Ella and Katie.  She squeezed them each into a hug.  She said, "I'm so glad you are here."

Her mother said, "Baby, I would not have missed your baby shower.  We have your gifts from everyone at home for you as well."

"I thought you were going to wait until the babies were here."

"I missed you too much.  So I've got it worked out to stay until the babies are born."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"But..."

"Before you say anything it was Archer's idea.  He could tell that we needed this.  You have a very thoughtful husband."

"Did the three of you come on your own?"

"No.  Your father and brothers are out with Archer and Henry.  They are looking forward to seeing you later."

"This is the best part of the shower.  I can't believe I didn't know you were coming."

"Then we got the response we were looking for."

The queen said, "Thank you all for coming to celebrate the birth of my first two grandchildren.  Fallon and Archer are sure to be wonderful parents and we can't wait to meet these little girls.  Please find a seat and we will begin the meal."

Fallon was so happy to be surrounded by so many people that were excited about her babies

After eating Fallon opened the presents that had been left here.  She couldn't believe the things they had been given.  A stroller that went from holding the car seats and grew with them.  Each of the girls had been given items that were Gucci, Burberry, Kate Spade and a few other high end brands.  She had no doubt that the girls were going to be the best dressed and most spoiled children she had ever seen.

As everyone was getting ready to leave Fallon felt a tightening in her stomach.  She rubbed the spot and stood up a little straighter.  She had been having Braxton Hicks, but this one felt different.  She went to say goodbye to the guest. 

Fallon was standing next to her mother when she had another one.  She gasped and began to double over.  Her mother said, "You just had a contraction!  Was that your first?"

Fallon sniffled and told her, "It's the second.  My back has been hurting all day.  I didn't think anything of it.  Mom, I'm scared.  It's too early."

"It's going to be fine.  We'll call the guys.  Everything is going to be okay.  Twins are normally born early.  It's just four weeks.  They will be okay.  You will be too.  I want you to sit down.  I'm going to go tell Linley what is going on, as well as Archer's mother."  Her mom helped her to sit down.

Linley came running over and crouched next to her.  She helped her breathe through her contractions.  Fallon was scared, but she couldn't wait to meet her daughters.

Archer came running in the room.  He asked, "Are you okay, baby?"

Fallon sniffled and said,"Yes.  I'm just so scared."

"It's going to be fine.  We have the best doctor.  I will make sure that you and the girls are taken care of.  Linley has your bag.  Let's get you to the hospital.  Security is set up already.  Everything is going to be fine."  Archer helped her to her feet and they were off to the hospital.