Friendzone

Chapter 19

Cosette

I was still sleeping soundly when a continues knocking woke me up, yet I'm still into sleeping so I decided to wait for it to stop and pretended that I'm not home. The person in the other side of the door was just so persistent, he continued knocking louder than before. So I decided to go open it up, I sleepily walked towards the front door not even caring if I'm just wearing an oversized shirt and a pair of knee high socks. I carelessly opened it up and came face to face to a fresh-looking Ryan.

Just seeing him looked down at me from head to foot with a warm smile, made me fell crushing down to earth itself.

"Old habits, die hard eh?" He said still smiling, as I looked at him quizzically. "I mean, your sleeping wear."

"Oh!" Just suddenly, he went inside my unit and straight to the kitchen. I followed him, and watched him starting to bustle out plates and utensils. That's the moment I noticed that he has three Tupperware with him.

"Lets eat?" He smiled at me after arranging the table wares, and settling the plate of toasted bread in the middle of the table. I walked towards the table and sat across him, as he opened the Tupperware that he brought with him. There were bacon, eggs, and hotdogs inside the each containers.

"Why are you here so sudden?" I asked accusingly as I narrowed my eyes at him. He just smiled, as he picked a hotdog with his fork and put it on my plate.

"Just wanna have breakfast with you." He simply said, I stared at him quietly as he continued to put every each of the food he brought on my plate. "What... are you expecting something else, I'm not gonna rape you or something." He chuckled.

"At least not yet." He pursed his lips to prevent his smile, as he put food on his plate. I playfully kicked his leg under the table which made him laugh, I shook my head in disbelief as I proceeded to eat my breakfast.

"So when did you, uh... came back here, anyway?"

"The same day you saw me in the airport."

"Wow.. so, how are you?" He looked at me like a new discovered specie, I continued eating feigning calmness.

"Well... I'm fine, I guess."

"Where did you go?"

"Italy."

"Why?"

"Cause my dad told me so."

"I e-mailed you, why didn't you reply in any of them." I gulped nervously as his stare narrowed at me.

"I... I was studying."

"Just studying?" He raised a brow at me as he crossed his arms. I meekly nodded. He narrowed his eyes more, the tension in the room is so thick its suffocating.

"Of course, I... I party around."

"Like last night? Do you always dirty dance?"

"No. Only if am drunk."

"Do you go alone?"

"No."

"And your with?"

"Ash."

"Ash... the guy in the airport?" I nodded in answer. "Are you always with him?"

"Yeah."

"Are you dating?" He suspiciously asked.

"No." Wait, why am I so defensive? His asking me as if his my boyfriend.

"Then what are you?"