Incredible

Chapter 28

Cosette

Grandmother.

Your grandmother.

I'm Margaret Dianna Giovanni, your grandmother.

"Excuse me?" I asked after a minute of mental blockage.

"I'm your mother's mother, dear." She shakily explained as I look at her incredulously. No wonder her eyes are familiar.

"You look exactly like your mother." She added as I shook my head vigorously in disbelief.

"We searched for you, for so long. Oh dear." She tried to touch my hand that's on the table but I swiftly took it back.

"We missed you for so long-"

Everything she's saying is just a blur now. My chest is heavy and I can't seem to breathe. Head is getting lighter, surroundings getting blurrier. Scared.

I'm having a panic attack.

"STOP!!" I shouted. I panted loudly trying so hard to not let my tears roll down. "I can't. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

I walked out.

All the way to the taxi stands.

Then in my unit, and shut myself from the world. Like I used to. Like the old times.

The fear. The sorrow. The darkness. They're here once again to join me and pull me down... under the darkness of my own mind.

Knock! Knock!

I opened up my eyes from the urgent knocking from the other side of the door. I'm curled up like a ball under my bed.

Wait. Under my BED?!

I crawled out of the narrow space and saw the chaos that is my room. Mirrors are shattered, things are on the floor. Clothes everywhere. I walked out of my room to see the living space and kitchen is in the same state as well.

I opened the door and saw a very very very concerned Ryan. Oh and did I mentioned very? He embraced me as soon as I opened the door.

"What happened to you, are you fine? Did you hurt yourself?" He frantically asked as he looked at me all over trying to find what's wrong.

"I'm fine." I stated sounding confused myself. "I think."

"I haven't seen you for two days!" He outburst. "I checked the security camera but it shows that you haven't left since the day you came back after you've shopped with Ash. Are you fine? What happened?"

I looked at his black expressive eyes, I drowned in the emotions it convey and it all came back. My tears rimmed on the corners of my eyes. I clutched on him and sobbed loudly. He embraced me tightly as he quietly caress my back.

I'm scared. Really scared.

I know I should be happy to see my grandmother but what if, their just like the Ashfords? What if they'll break me too? What if they'll only try to use me. I'm scared. Then everything blacked out.

"Hey, are you feeling fine now?" Ryan asked as he pull me closer to his warm body. We're in his room, specifically on his bed.

I meekly nodded and slowly got up. He sat up as well and observed me keenly. "What happened? Ash told me that you talked with a woman in the mall."

"I don't want to talk about it," I said, almost a whisper. He caressed my back and nodded.

"Are you hungry?"