Used To

Chapter 7

Cosette

I'm on the top of Basco lighthouse today, my legs dangling on the edge and my arms over the second railings. While A and his friends are at the field at the side of the lighthouse having a picnic.

This is one of the must-visit when in Batanes, everything's clear and the breeze was so cold and quite salty, really relaxing.

I took some pictures of the scenery, myself and things that looks fascinating.

I really hate socializing. Faces, with smiling masks on. Its incredibly irrational, I don't like pretending. If I hate you, I'll show it.

"Boo!"

"Wow, that was shocking!" I sarcastically said, rolling my eyes at the process.

Luigi really is an idiot!

"Ha-ha!" He chuckled, sitting beside me. "My best friend's coming tomorrow! His the real owner of the beach house close to yours."

"Great! Another idiot." I deadpanned.

"Aww... so mean." He dramatically said, he pinched my cheek so I slapped his hands off in irritation.

The kind of people I hate so much are, the feeling close ones!

"Hey, a camera!" He delightedly said taking my camera from my hold in the process.

He positioned it.

"Smile!!" He announced, yet I didn't smile I just looked at him and glared.

"Hey, why are you not smiling?" He asked a bit disappointed when he saw the picture.

"I don't smile-"

"That's bullshit." He said, shaking his head in disapproval. "You smiled at me the first time we met."

"I hate smiling to people I don't even like. I don't want to be obligated to pretend to people I don't even care about."

He was silent for a while, I could see through my peripheral vision that his also looking at the beautiful afternoon skies over the blue sea.

"Why so silent, now?"

"Just speechless, your such an introvert." He said, the both of us still staring at the view in front of us.

"Well, your the one who keeps on talking to me, deal with it."

"You know, you remind me so much of someone." He chuckled a bit. "Yet the two of you are so different."

"Seeeeeette!!" I looked down the overlooking field and saw Andrei calling me.

"What?!" I shouted back.

He didn't replied, he just made some swimming strokes in the thin air while standing. My brows furrowed in confusion.

Huh, is he trying to tell that their going for a swim?

Then he pointed at me and pointed at the ground, then he pointed at me and pointed at his friends at his back. I think his asking me if I'm coming or not.

I shook my head in disagreement, I pointed at myself then the concrete floor am sitting on. He just nodded and turn around and faced his friends.

"So... my best friend's comin' tomorrow."

"I don't care. They do say, birds with the same feather flocks together." I stated. "Maybe his just like you, a pervert."

"Haha! Maybe... but all men are."