Status: Freedom

Chapter 16

Cosette

"I love you." Ryan said. He was holding my hand and looking at me, his black eyes filled with sincerity. I shyly smiled at him.

"I love you too." I replied a bit flustered. We were having a candlelight dinner on the shore, just the two of us under the clear starry sky.

His brows suddenly knitted in confusion, he looked at me incredulously. "Why do you have to lie?"

"No! I'm not lying, its true... I love you too." I smiled at him earnestly.

"No!! Stop lying." He let go of my hands and abruptly stood up. "If you do... why are you married to him?!"

He pointed at someone from my back, I looked behind me as I stood up. There by the coconut trees a man stood facing us, his face was unrecognizable due to the darkness in that area. I took a glance at his right hand and saw a golden band around his ring finger, I slowly looked at my right hand there I saw a golden band on my ring finger that looks like just like his.

"Your a liar... you never loved me, how could you." I turned to Ryan immediately when I heard his fist hits the table. The candle fell down and it slowly burned the table and his eyes stared back at me filled with hatred, he slowly turned his back to me.

"Ryan, wait!" He started walking away from me, I was about to ran after him when I suddenly felt arms around my waist constricting me from leaving. "Ryan! Ryan!"

"You don't have to run after him, we are already married."

"No!! No!!" I screamed as I hit him.

"Sette, Sette... Se-"

"-Tte! Sette!!" Someone was tapping my cheek and calling my name. I slowly sat up and opened my sleepy eyes, I looked at Esmeralda's worried face. "Are you alright, sweetheart?"

"Yeah... you can go, I'm fine."

"Are you sure."

"Affirmative." I partly smiled to assure her everything's fine. She just smiled to nodded then went out of my room right after.

My heartbeats slowly coming back to its normal rate, calm down Sette... its just a dream, a nightmare. Right, a nightmare.

I sluggishly went to my bathroom, I stripped off my clothing and stood under the hot spray. I heavily sighed as I let the warm water slid over my skin. Stood there motionless for a minute, then continued to wash myself.

I went out after and walked in to my walk-in closet, I sat on my chair in front of the mirror and dried my hair. I jumped in to a black skinnies, partnered with a long sleeved shirt then put on my high-cut converse.

I gingerly went down the stairs and made my way to the dining area, where I found the breakfast on the table and dad quietly eating his breakfast. I sat on my seat and helped myself with four stacks of choco chip pancakes and a hot cup of cappuccino.

I was quietly eating when dad decided to break the ice. "Sette, I know your upset-"

"I'm not upset daddy, I'm freaked out." I calmy stated before taking a sip to my cappuccino. He sighed in frustration.

"Why can't you just understand."

"I'll never understand dad, I'll never ever understand why you sold me off."

"I didn't sold you off, I just want the best for you."

"If its that so, you shouldn't have sold me off." I continued to eat normally, as dad fills in more frustration in his mind.

Oh dad, as much as I would like to console you right now, I just... can't. Cause this decision that the both of you made, was never for you to decide the first place! Its alright to the both of you, your not the one who's gonna spend the rest of your life with a random stranger.

"Hon! Just-"

"I'm done." I stood up, as the daily took the dirty plates.

"And where are you going?"

"Library, as usual."

"We have to talk about something."

"If that's about persuading me to that goddamn marriage that you and grand-pérè decided, then no thanks." I was about to walk out when dad abruptly stood.

"Actually, its not just about that." He walked out of the dining area. "Let's talk about this in the library."

I followed dad to my personal library. He settled on the chair near the window, and I cautiously sat across of him.

"Papa and I decided to sent you in Italy to continue your study there." My eyes widened at his sudden declaration.

"You and grand-pérè decided, and I'm not part of this decision as well. What, from now on I don't have any say about my future?" I sarcastically asked.

"We just wanted the best for you."

"And what I will choose is not the best?"

"Its not that... we just wanted to be sure about your future."

"Me too... but that's my future to decide." I looked at that with disappointment. "I thought you'll know me better dad, I guess I was wrong." I stood up and walked out of the library, I went straight in my room and stayed there the whole day.

I opened my Facebook account brows a bit to get this stress off my mind. I was scrolling my news feeds when a post of Ryan caught my eye.

It was a picture of him sitting on a huge rock facing the sea, watching the sunset. Yet his status was the thing that took my breath away.

Its sad when you fall in love into a princess, cause no matter how you love her. She can never be yours, cause she's not free.

I wish, I am.

••••••••••••••

A/N: I'm a bit struggling in what will they act according to their ages. You see, I can't make them be all love dovey because hell Sette's just fourteen...

So I made up a decision, I shall fast forward a bit where they can be all lovey dovey and people won't say anything that they shouldn't do this or that because their so young...