France

Chapter 29

Cosette

"Where do you wanna spend Christmas?" Ryan asked as we eat dinner in our usual Mexican hang out.

"Where do you want to spend Christmas?" I questioned back.

"I asked you first." He bite his lip as he uneasily glance at his food.

"I don't really have any place in mind."

"Let's go to France then."

"Great."

We finished our food and took our path towards the condominium building. The air is really cold, but the warm hand holding mine made me feel at ease.

The lamp posts light shone our way as few vehicles passed by the sidewalk we are on. I leaned closer to him as the wind blew against my coat-clad body. He let go of my hand and put his arms around me and held my hand again using his other hand that's recently just inside his coat pocket. Its silent, cold... but happy.

We reached the front door of my unit in no time. He stood behind me as I unlock it using my keys.

"Aren't sleeping over?" I confusedly asked when he didn't follow inside when I went in.

"No... you'll be pretty busy anyway."

"Busy to what?" I confusedly asked.

"Didn't we talk about it over dinner?"

"What is?"

"That we're going to France." He replied looking really amused in my confused state.

"We talked about going to France, yes. But we didn't talk about going there as soon as tomorrow!"

"Don't you wanna go?" He looked like a kicked a puppy, honestly.

"That's not what I meant. Of course I wanna go with you."

"Then it settled." He smiled as he cupped my cheeks with his warm hands. "Our flight departs at ten."

He kissed me on the forehead and quickly went in his unit in front of mine. I really hate people who tends to rush me, I'm a woman who wants to do things in my own time, in my own way. But there's something about Ryan that I can't seem to say no to, even before when we're back in high school.

I started packing dresses, then few shirts and shorts, under wears, and things I think I'll probably need.

"Good morning sleepy head, time to wake up." I felt Ryan rain kisses on my face. I forcefully pushed his face away and hid under my comforter.

I think he fell off my bed because I can feel him climbing up beside me again. "Damn your strong." He chuckled as he pulled the comforter of me. "Wake up!"

"No." I muttered. I'm sorry Ryan, but no matter how I love you, my bed is still my number one. Specially in the morning.

It was awfully quiet for a moment. I almost thought he left but the next thing I know I'm in his arms as he walk me to the bathroom. He set me down carefully as I glare at him behind my jungle of a hair that's covering my whole face.

"I hate you." I muttered.

"You don't mean that, don't you?" He smiled charmingly, making my heart beat too fast for my liking.

"Stop." I faintly whispered.

"Stop what?"

"Stop making my heart beat too fast."

He stared at me. I was lost, once again. Its crazy how he can do that to me.

He leaned closer until our lips are gently touching. He kissed me slowly, almost carefully. He tasted sweet, and minty at once.

I felt his hand gently caressing my back, and lower, and lower he goes. The kiss is getting quite heated as he cupped my breast. I moaned loudly, still kissing and he stopped.

He froze still. He slowly stepped back in arms length, his hands holding my shoulders as we breathe heavily for dear life.

"Your getting me awfully bothered, baby." He grimaced.

"Prepare yourself and I'll prepare our breakfast." He kissed my forehead and chuckled as he shook his head in disbelief, closing the door completely.

I sulk for a minute (or two) before getting on my routine. What the hell is wrong with him.

I came out of my room in a black shorts, white tank top, grey flannel and a pair of black converse. I curled my hair, light make up, glasses on and a hat.

"Hi." Ryan smiled as he was seated on a high stool, seems to be waiting for me.

"Hi." I awkwardly replied. I guess that's my hidden talent, I make people feel awkward. LOL.

"Let's eat."

I nodded eagerly.

The awkwardness vanished after a few moments, like always. We did everything we have to do, check everything we have to check and finally went to the airport.

I was excited through the whole flight that I hardly felt it. Actually, this is the first trip I have that I was genuinely excited for no apparent reason.

"How long are we gonna stay here?"

"We'll see." He thoughtfully said.

Aside from the giddiness that I've been feeling, there's something about Ryan that makes me feel suspicious. Not he-has-an-another-woman suspicion, but a I-think-his-not-telling-me-something suspicion.

We took our baggage and head out. I was about to go the taxi line when I realized he stopped. I looked back and saw him standing on the curb, as if waiting for something... or someone.

"What took you so long man?!" Ryan playfully asked when a car pulled over in front of him. A man came out of the driver seat, they fist bumped and all. I can't see his face because I'm behind him.

"I'm here now, stop being a baby." The guy I can't see the face replied. I silently walked over.

"Who's this?" Luigi asked when he saw me. Yes, its Luigi.

"Seriously dude, do you have Alzheimer's or something? Every time you saw me you always ask who I am." I sarcastically muttered.

"I know that sarcasm everywhere." He said as he point at me like a brain damaged child that he is. "Suzette! Ow!"

I hit him on the head. "Its Cosette, asshole."

"I was only kidding! Of course its you." He smiled at me and pulled me into a hug that I actually reciprocated.

"Let's go, kids! Into the trunk!" My eyes widened at his phrase, I think he is too, that's why we're all silent. "I mean, the things. God why would you put kids inside a trunk?!" He exclaimed.

"I think your watching too much serial killer documentation." Ryan patted his back as he help him put the luggage inside the compartment.

"Maybe."

The drive was slow. Well of course it would be, cause the driver is too absorbed in being a pretend tourist guide.

"You know, your making me think french people are idiot." I muttered making Ryan laugh.

"Hey that's offensive!" Luigi exclaimed sounding genuinely offended.

"Its fine, you'll get over it." I patted his head as he scowled, complaining that I'm ruining his hair. "Where are you taking us?"

"Home, of course." Luigi said.

I'm confused and curious. Aren't Cages originally from Britain? Or is it Luigi's house his talking about and not the ancestral one.

I sat at the backseat silently. I'm curious, hungry and tired. Only did I realized it myself when I shut up. As the car moves moderately, my eyes shut slowly... until its all black.