I'll be an Ashford

Chapter 15

Cosette

Its already noon when I reached England, its quite cloudy since summer is coming to an end. I immediately saw Rene leaning on the SUV, I smiled at him and he did too.

"Its nice to see you again, miss." He said as I embrace him.

"Its nice to see you too." I smiled as I climbed in the backseat. Rene shut the door close and immediately climbed in the driver's seat, he started the car and hit the busy streets of London.

"So... where's dad?" I asked as I take in my fill of the busy familiar shops that we pass by.

"Actually its sir. Frank that's gonna talk to you." Grand-pérè? I thought his in Austria. I guess, their gonna tell it to me.

"Great!" I sarcastically muttered.

It took a good one hour for us to reach the outskirts of town, to the Ashford's residential manor. The manor's still the same, white paint mostly covers it. It looks like the white house in America if you ask me, just lacking a dome. It looks beautiful, but it was never home. No... it never was, its more of a prison than home. A hell pretending to be a heaven, but no matter how a hell cover its fires it can never cover its sins.

"So... how's my favorite grandchild?" Grand-pérè happily greeted as I hug him back. I never knew the time that my point of view of my family will change, I thought we were perfect but we were broken all along even before I was even born.

"Am doing fine." We sat on the patio, in time when the dailies brought in the afternoon tea. "What are we gonna talk about anyway."

"Maybe we should wait for your father to get back in England." I've pretended to be stupid for a very long time.

"If were gonna wait for him anyway, why did I have to go home urgently?"

"Um... Sette, this is a serious topic... that the whole family should be present." Family?! Did we even have that? Cut the crap already.

"No grand-pérè, this isn't so serious since it didn't take the two of you second thoughts when you sold me off to your business partner's son!" I stood suddenly, grand-pérè jumped a little in shock in my sudden defiance. The memory of me hearing their hush conversation in dad's study came rushing back to me when I was still twelve.

It was late in the evening, that I decided to walk around the manor before going to sleep. I was just passing by dad's study when I heard dad and grand-pérè talking, I wasn't really the eavesdropping type but hearing my name in their conversation changed my mind.

"We already talked about it, we only have to tell it to Sette." Grand-pérè stated as if he was stating business.

"We'll tell her in the right time." Dad answered.

"Are you sure that your doing it to the right person?"

"Yes papa, we already had planned the wedding. It is a big celebration and also a huge opportunity for the company."

"How many shares did the man bought?"

"At least twenty-five percent."

"Hmm... I guess, that's quite great. I've also heard the kid's achievements, and I might say its quite impressive."

Huh? What are they blabbering about anyway? What are they gonna tell me in the right effin time? Who's kid? What achievements? Shares? What is going on that they aren't telling me?!