#1. Go Surfing.

Chapter 10

Cosette

I woke up a bit late today. Well, who wouldn't? If you just slept in the four damn morning!! It sucks, I know. I can barely keep my effing eyes open.

It was ten thirty in the morning when I woke up, I don't even consider myself that I slept. I blindly stood up and walk to the bathroom half asleep, I carelessly took off my clothes and took a cold shower. I squealed a bit when the cold water hit my skin, its like bathing in ice bit it sure does the trick to waken up my system.

I walked out of the bathroom and opened my closet to chose which to wear today. The weather forecast said it won't be that sunny, so I'll go with my bikini.

I end up wearing a black tube top bikini, I wore over it an oversized black shirt. I put my hair in a usual bun and put on contacts as well. I applied sunblock, and prepared my sling bag. I placed my things inside such as sunblock, phone, wallet, a shirt and shorts, undies, extra towel and my camera.

I grabbed my bag and went down, I fetched my surfboard and proceeded to Ryan's. I walked nonchalantly along the shore towards Ryan's house. I heard a faint bark of a dog from a far, and I can saw Max barking as he ran towards me.

He walked beside me and barked a few times along the way. Its as if his telling me a story about his day when I haven't arrived, so adorable.

I left my board on Ryan's front porch and went in, no knocking needed. I dropped my bag on the coach and proceeded to the kitchen.

"Hey!" I greeted when I saw him shuffling in the kitchen preparing lunch. He actually cooks on his own.

"Hi. Are you already hungry, don't worry this gonna be done in a minute." He said.

"Um... where's Luigi?" I asked when I didn't hear anyone else inside the house.

"He already left."

"Oh."

Ha-ha! Its quite funny to see Ryan concentrating in a usual task such as  cooking. He does cook great, but every time I see his expression while cooking I just can't help but laugh. You see, his brows are knitted together as he looks at what he was cooking, I think the only thing missing was to slide down a drop of sweat on his forehead.

"Hey! What are you snickering at?" He asked as he pours the dish on a plate.

I didn't replied and just watched him prepare the table. I might have helped if only he wouldn't get angry, he likes doing things on his own he said he feels free that way. I say, his just ego-tripping.

After preparing the table and food, we started eating. I don't know if its just us or what, but unlike the Domingo family we eat in silence. Well not totally in silence, I think hanging around with Ryan makes me insane too.

Cause if you could just imagine us, we were eating silently. I looked at him, he looked back. He smile, I smiled back then the next thing were laughing.

Yes, were laughing. And we haven't even utter a single effing word to each other in the whole time we were eating. Our lunch ended that way, eating and laughing. I wasn't even sure if what were laughing at was the same thing! But, oh well! As long as were happy, I guess were fine. I hope so.

After eating Ryan told me to watch TV in the receiving area as he take care of the dishes, so I did. I think I have watched a whole two episodes of Star Wars Rebels in Disney cause Ryan's taking too long in washing dishes. I finally decided to go to the kitchen cause I'm getting so bored, I stood in time of him coming out of the door.

"What took you so long?" I asked slumping back on the couch.

"Let's go surfing, come on." He demanded.

"OK, let's go."

I grabbed my bag from the coach and head out first as Ryan grabs his surfboard. I left my bag on the front porch then took off my tee, letting it fall over my bag. I grabbed my surfboard and hit waves.

I was sitting on my floating board over the water when I saw Ryan coming. He was wearing a black board shorts with white tribal designs on the side. He rode over his board and paddled over towards me.

"What are you wearing?" He asked offensively.

"A bikini." I sarcastically said. "Isn't it obvious?"

"You should wear the shirt over." He suggested.

"I can't. I can't surf with that, it'll be uncomfortable."

"Ugh!" He groaned and rolled his eyes at me, then started going for the coming wave.

I stayed on my position and watched him do his thing, then laugh when he falls down.

I decided to lay on the beach mat I've brought when the sun finally peeked out. I closed my eyes and let the sunlight touch my skin, who cares if I got tan too much, the color comes back anyway.

I was still enjoying the sunlight when a cloth landed on my face, I grabbed it off and sat up. I found out it was my shirt, and Ryan's the one who threw it over.

"Cover your body will you?" He ranted while sitting down beside me. "I can see your soul peeking out over there when I was f•ck•ng surfing!"

"Hey, I thought you don't like to swear?"

"I don't like it in school. Why are we in school?" He glared at the sea. I slapped his arm a bit hard than it should.

"Hey! Why are you so grumpy?" I pouted. He looked at me I could see him grinning like a maniac again, then he ruffled my hair.

"I'm sorry."

"Hmp!"

"What did you say?" He challenged.

"Hmp!"

"Oh no, you didn't!" He stated then started tickling me. I yelled in laughter, we fall on to the mat still laughing. He finally stopped tickling me and we laid in silence, together watching the orange sky clash into different colors as the sunsets.

"I wish we could be like this everyday." I said.

"Me too."

"Hey, do you have any problem?" I asked a bit worried.

"No, no I don't have any." He said smiling bitterly.

What are you not telling me, Ryan?

"I wish, I could be a sunset, so everyone loves." He suddenly blurted out of nowhere.

"Why?" I confusedly asked. "I love you."

I looked at him and surprisingly, his looking at me. The look on his face, I just cannot describe but it hurts.

"Don't say things, you don't mean baby." He deeply sighed as if his in pain.

"But, I do."

"Maybe but not the same way I dreamed at you."

He suddenly stood up, and walked away, I stood too, he stopped but didn't looked back, he just stood there.

"Saying things you don't mean is like, promising something you can't keep." He said rather calmly. "Your too naive, you don't even know that your —"

I hadn't heard the last words because he started walking away.

A few moments passed, I decided to leave cause its already starting to get dark. I walked up the porch and took my bag, I opened the door a bit and shouted that I'll be going home. No one answered but I know he heard me somewhere in his house. I grabbed my board and headed home.

I'm scared. :(

I'm completely terrified, that when this summer comes to an effin end...

So was we. :'(