Legacy

Chapter 26

Cosette

I parked my car on the designated lot and proceeded to climb out and took my things in the backseat. I locked it and went straight to the elevator.

From: Ryan
Subject: There yet?

Reached the place already?

I immediately tapped an answer as I wait in the elevator.

To: Ryan
Subject: You?

Yeah, how about you?

From: Ryan
Subject: Good

Yup. Take care of yourself. Call you later.

To: Ryan
Subject: See ya!

Okay. You too. :)

I have a charity event today just two towns after London. Its a charity case my mom used to help when she's still alive. Its her legacy, to help children without a home.

I continued her work when I turned 10, even after I studied in Italy, I never stopped giving donations and helping them while I'm overseas. It gives me joy to help this charity, it gives me the feeling that I'm close to my mom. It feels like I'm making her proud by continuing her legacy.

And I want to leave this kind of legacy of my own, not some rust proof empire. Something good for people to remember you by. Just like mom.

"Good morning, madam, can I help you?" The receptionist politely asked.

"What room is the Daily Homes' event taking place?"

"In the function hall miss, just turn right straight to that way."

"Thanks."

I held my laptop bag tightly as I walked to where the receptionist pointed earlier. I opened up the double doors and walked in. Men in suits and ladies on their sophisticated dresses swarm in many groups chatting lively seated on their designated tables.

"Name please." A guy behind a wooden table asked as he busily tapped on his laptop.

"Cosette Ashford." The guy immediately looked up at me and smiled in recognition as he gave me a card number for my seat.

"Ms. Ashford, nice to see you again." A man in a grey suit approached me. Ryan is taller than him in an inch. His eyes are calculating and observant as he stare at me with amusement behind his glasses.

"You are?" I raised him a brow as he chuckled at my question.

"Xav Levine." He offered his hand to me. I stared at it and walked away. Not interested. I sat three tables away from the stage. Few men on the table are familiar, only three seats are vacant. I politely smiled at everyone and sat down.

"Ms. Ashford." A man in front of me nod in respect.

"Gentlemen." I politely acknowledged.

"I'm Richardson of Avid Group of Companies, I hope you remember me." He expectantly said.

"Oh yes, of course." I exclaimed.

"Good to know. This is Mr. Park a fellow investor from Korea." He introduced the Asian guy in his left.

"A pleasure to be your acquaintance, Mr Park." He shook my hand and I sat back on my chair again.

The program won't start for the next one hour. The businessmen on my table continued to talk about business, they occasionally try to pull me in, but I'm just not interested.