Boyfriend

Chapter 25

Cosette

"Who are we meeting, exactly?" Ash gave me a scrutinizing gaze as Alden, him and I wait for my boyfriend to join us.

"Just my boyfriend." I said acting completely nonchalant.

"Oh. OK... wait — what the fck?!!" His eyes widen realization as Alden just watched his expressions change in silent laughter. "Who the fck would that guy be?!".

"You'll see. You'll see." I assured, trying hard to keep my laughter inside.

"I introduced you to my boyfriend, and after few weeks, your gonna introduce me to yours? What is this place, a show and tell country?!" He ranted to no one in particular.

I ignored him and glanced at the entrance just in time to see Ryan being escorted towards our table. I stood up when our eyes finally connect, willing dear old Ashton to shut up. Ryan pulled me to him and kissed me smack on the lips before addressing a shell shocked Ash.

"This is Alden—"

"I know him." Ryan cuts what I'm saying as he extended his hand to Alden that stood up immediately.

"Alden Denver, nice to see you again." Ryan smiled.

"Yes of course, Mr. Cage." Alden shook his hand, they pull apart and we sat on our respective seats.

"Call me Ryan, Mr. Cage makes me feel old." Ryan chuckled as he puts his arm around me. Alden agreed.

"How did you two meet?" I asked curiously.

"His my manager, in one of the hotel branch we have here in England."

"Oh."

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the neighbor." Ash crooned making my eyes roll. "And I thought you two aren't in a relationship. So your keeping secrets now, huh? What will you tell me next time? That your pregnant?!" He continued to rant indignantly.

The three of us watched him in amusement as he complain about me not telling him about Ryan sooner. He glared at me when I simply chuckled at him. He eventually shut up when the waiter came and asked for our drinks. We ordered a nice wine for the evening and continued the lively chatter as Ash sulk quietly still. I know he'll come around, he always do.

"To us." Alden raised his glass, we did too.

"To us." We repeated in unison.

"To you both jerks." Ash smiled at me, raising his glass. "I'm happy for the both you. May you stay that way forever. You two have been sad for a very long time, and now its over now... I hope its stays that way. To the both of you."

We bumped our glasses and drank our wine.

"Oh! And Ryan, if ever you hurt my dear baby Sette's heart," he paused and looked at Ryan seriously. "I'm kicking your ass to the moon and back."

"I won't promise that I won't make her cry, but I do promise to love her and not hurt her, intentionally that is." Ryan answered looking at me after.

Ash nodded agreeing for the first time. The dinner went splendidly well. But I don't know if its just me being paranoid, I keep on getting this dreadful feeling that there's something big coming our way.

"Good night." Ryan smiled at me as he walked me to my door.

"Good night." I unlocked it and twisted the knob.

"Can... can I sleep over?" He hesitantly asked as I was about to close the door. I tried to hide my smile but its inevitable.

"Of course you can, doofus." I teased he smiled and I opened the door wider for him to get in.

If you asked me twelve years ago if I would go out with this guy, I would probably laugh at your face and tell you to get lost to hell. Its actually funny to reminiscent about the early age, its funny and sad to be specific.

I wish I had found him sooner. I wish I realized my feelings way sooner. I wish dad would understand that I just want to be with the person I love... like he did with mom.

But there's no use going back now, what's important is now. What's important is we're both happy together. And I'll be content. Cause I have him.

•••••••••••••••••••••

A/N:

Geez... so short. But the freaking dramas coming sooooo..  yeah.

Hang in there.

I'll be back. ♥