Reunion

Chapter 17

Ten years later...

"Hey, are you sure your coming? I could always ride a cab." Sette suggested through the line as she stood in front of the airport. Her luggage beside her, in the middle of the afternoon in London.

"I'm already close, aryt?" Ryan chuckled as he drives his Porsche through the afternoon London traffic to the International Airport.

"I missed you, really." She said gently.

"OK, OK... hold the drama, I'm here!"

"Terrific!" She cheered as she saw the car slowly parking in front of her. She hung up the phone and put it in her trench coat pocket.

"Hey beautiful!" The driver greeted her as he helped her put her luggage at the trunk.

"Wow! New car?" Sette asked in amazement.

"Yeah... so how are you? I haven't seen you since ages!" Ryan smiled after a warm embrace.

"Your exaggerating, Ash! We just saw each other three weeks ago." Sette rolled her eyes at her best friend and neighbor in Italy for ten years.

"Uh! That's way too long bud!" He chuckled.

"Oh wait! I'm gonna buy something inside the coffee shop inside the airport for a bit, wait for me aryt?" She said as she entered the airport again, Ash just smiled and nodded as he leans on his Audi.

"Well you know... still handsome!" Luigi joked as Ryan laughed at his old antics, Luigi just came home from a one and half year vacation from Spain.

"God! Grow up, dude. Be an adult for once, will you? We're already twenty-six and your attitude's still the same." Ryan teased as they settled on the table near the glass windows of the coffee shop in the airport.

"Caramel frap for Janine!" The bartender announced.

"Cut some slack, man! Your way uptight." Luigi playfully complained to him, he just chuckled in amusement.

"Espresso frap for Co-uh." The bartender struggled for awhile.

"Cosette." Sette corrected as she took her order. Ryan's head automatically turned when he heard the name.

There he saw a woman, no taller than 5'3 wearing a black trench coat over a black dress with black boots, a grey bonnet covering the top of her long brown, flowing hair. He stood absent minded as his eyes widened in realization.

"I'm sorry, Ma'am! But you've got a unique name, for a beautiful lady."

"Aha ha! Thanks, I get that a lot." Sette turned around and walked to the exit of the coffee shop.

"Hey! What's wrong?" Luigi confusedly asked standing up as well. He looked at what his cousin was looking at and saw the same, yet didn't recognize the girl.

"Sette?!" Ryan held her by the elbow, she turned and took off her earphones.

"Yes?" She asked putting her long brown loosed curl hair behind her ear. She raised a brow in question at him when he didn't answer, not recognizing the man she left ten years ago.

"Its me... don't you remember?" Ryan nervously asked. Her brows scrunched in together in thinking, then shook her head in disapproval when she got nothing. He smiled. "Its Ryan."

Her eyes behind her black rimmed glasses widened in recognition, she gingerly took his hand off her elbow and uneasily smiled. "He-y! How are you?"

"I'm... I'm great! How about you?"

She smiled. "I'm good." They look into each others eyes for awhile.

"Um... hi ! My cousin seem to be getting rude, so I'll introduce myself." Luigi interrupted with a smug look. "I'm —"

"Luigi." Sette chuckled in disbelief. "Gosh! Your still an •ssh•l•." She laughed as Luigi stared at him slack jawed still not recognizing her. "C'mon Luigi, its me. Sette, Cosette? Batanes Island, Philippines?"

"Oh! I remember! Mi'amor, how are you?" Luigi asked as he kissed her hand then he winked at her after letting go.

"And I thought your French!" She chuckled, Ryan just stared at her looking at the every line that changed beyond the years.

"Oh! He just got home from his vacation from Spain, you know I think his cross-culturing." Ryan chuckled.

"Hey! What's taking you so long my cars gonna be towed any minute." Ash in his strong Italian accent came in, chuckling.

"I'm sorry, I totally forgot about you." She snickered in apology. "This is Ashton, my best friend. And Ashton, this is Ryan and Luigi my friends."

"Hey! Nice to meet the two of you." They shook hands and got acquainted to each other.

"Oh right, I'm sorry but we have to go. Oh and here's my business card, lets reunite sometimes, somewhere." She took out two business cards from her wallet and handed it to Ryan and Luigi.

"At the back is my personal number so just give me a ring, aryt? Ciao!" She winked at them and they took their leave.

"So that's Ryan." Ash gave her a knowing look followed by a tiny grin.

"Stop it alright!" She lightly hit his arm, he laughed at the gesture and started the car.

"A hottie, isn't he?" He squealed like a girl on his seat.

"OhMyGosh! Your so gay!" She chuckled