Nona

Chapter 27

Cosette

I took my purse and went straight to the powder room. I looked at the mirror to check if my mascara or eyeliner smudged even though I know its waterproof. I just need to breathe. Mom was always a sore topic. I relaxed a bit then proceeded to retouch my make up which isn't that much.

I eventually went back to my seat as Mr Sargon gave his closing remarks. He's in his mid fifties, the years that I haven't seen him took a huge toll on his image. I watched him as he thank everyone and slowly walked down the platform with his cane as his support.

The lights changed and a slow music took place. Couples went to the dance floor to dance. I'm going home.

I was about to stand when Mr Richardson asked me to dance. I reluctantly agreed, he is a potential connection.

"You really grew fast Ms Ashford, but always clever." He commented as we casually swayed to the music.

I smiled at him. "Thanks."

"Excuse me, may I?" Xav tapped Mr Richardson's shoulder and asked rather princely.

"Why of course. Leave the dancing the younger ones, my back is killing me." He chuckled as he gave my hand to Xav. "Have good night, Ms Ashford."

I nodded in reply as I watch him walk away to go to his wife. I was caught off guard when Xav settled my hands on his shoulders, the hair's on my nape stood in attention when he slowly slide his hands to my waist and pulled me close to him.

"Did I ever tell you that your beautiful?" He whispered just above my left ear. I could feel his hot breathe softly padding on my skin willing my eyes to widen every damn time.

I rolled my eyes at him making him chuckle as we gently sync with the music on our feet.

"So tell me about yourself, Cosette." He queried out of the blue.

"First, its Ms Ashford. Second, I'm not obligated to answer to you when I don't want to." I said snottily.

"Hmm," he pouted, trying to cover his smile. "I really like you."

"We just met." I deadpanned as we continued to dance.

"Our compatibility is very good."

"Who are you? Hans of the Northern Isles?" I sarcastically remarked. "Well sorry to tell you dear, I'm Maleficent, not Anna."

"What?"

"Gosh, don't you fcking watch Disney?"

"Never mind." He muttered.

"I'm a good catch, Cosette." He added, convincing me still.

"I've seen better." I arrogantly comeback as I took a step back and raised a brow at him.

"Oh really?" He challenged.

"Really." I walked back to our table.

"Well which one of them is it?" He followed and sat down beside me.

"Which who?" Now I'm confused.

"Which of your boys..." he looked at me expectantly.

"Oh!" I laughed when realization finally hits me. He thinks Ryan and Ash are my boys and I'm really a player.

His knitted eyebrows gave his confusion away as he watch me calm down from my sudden laughter. "What? What so funny?"

"You." I chuckled before sipping my wine.