Define, Lubēre.

Chapter 4

Ryan Jules Cage

I grew up without anyone. No mom, no dad, no siblings, just me. Yeah, I'm an orphan and sadly, an only child. No one in my relatives wants to take me in, so I grew up with our maids in our house. We have a hotel chain business around the world, and its mine to take.

Its lonely, living alone.

Its so lonely that everyday I wake up, everything is grey. No life, no colour. Everything is dull, everyday is the same. Its like a movie that I kept watching again, and again. I'm so tired of life, so tired of being, me.

Then she came...

"Where are you going?" I asked, 'Ashford, C. E. D.' I read in my mind, her pin name on her blouse.

"I guess, somewhere you'll never exist." The girl with the brown flowing hair said.

That's a first.

I grew curious so researched about her, and made her my secretary. I want her. I want the new ambiance she's bringing to me every time we meet.

We worked together in SSC, she was industrious, creative, a perfectionist, intelligent and graceful. Yet she tend to distance herself to the people around her, she had that habit of pushing others away.

The say, everyone has a choice. A choice that people always believe that they don't really have, but the truth is they just already choose. They choose to don't have any choice at all, or believe there isn't any.

But sometimes, people don't really have a choice. They don't have a choice if they're gonna be left behind or not, I don't have choice. Hence, I believe that people don't come back when they leave. That's why I'm alone, that's why have no one. Cause I'm the one left behind. 

And before I knew it, every time we meet my world finally had colors. It had meaning. I wake up everyday looking forward for our meetings, my heart even tumbles like crazy when she raises her brow.

I knew, I just know I already fell. Fast, hard, deep for her. I tried to run cause I'm scared, but I realized I just, can't.

So after whole eight months of being just the student council president. I made a decision, a decision I know that will make a huge difference in this lifetime. A choice between pain and being in between, in between what ifs and reality.

A month later, I confess.

"Bullshit." She deadpanned when I repeated that I love her. I would have laughed at her reaction, if not for the reason that I wanted her to believe in me.

"No, really! I mean it." I insisted. I'm scared, what if she rejects me too?

"Oh c'mon! We just met!" Don't you think, that I might have thought of that too?

"But love isn't measure how long you've known the person, its all about how you feel... here." I said, then I pointed at my chest where my heart is. I mean it, baby.

"That's irrational!" I know, right? But it just happens.

"No, everything makes sense when you love someone." Please understand.

"Then maybe that's why it doesn't make any sense... its because I love no one." It stung. What if she didn't learn to love me back... I don't care, at least I've tried!

"No, you'll love me." I seriously declared. I'll do everything.

"That's so irrational to the extreme!" I don't care.