One Week Left of Summer

Chapter 9

Cosette

"I didn't know your that clumsy." I teased as Ryan rolled down the hill when he fell from the board for a hundred times.

Were in the Marlboro rolling hills today, I decided to teach him how to ride a skateboard and the Marlboro's rolling hills is perfect for it.

"Ugh..." he groaned as he rolled over where I was standing.

"Hey, are you OK?" I asked a bit worried, his clutching his right ribs and moaning aloud. I walked closer to where he is and poked him a bit.

"Hey, say something."

He suddenly grabbed my arm and pull me down beside him. I screamed in surprise that was followed with our shrill laughter.

"How dare you!" I lightly hit his shoulder, his laughter still not dying. "Stop laughing for heaven sake!"

"OK. OK, I'll stop." He assured trying hard to stop his laughter.

Its been a month since we became friends, and everyday were together we grew closer... and closer. We do everything together, sometimes he even comes over to eat dinner with us along Luigi.

We began to know each other more than I thought I could ever know. My day will never be the same again if he isn't there with me, and I hope the feeling is mutual. His my best friend and I'm his.

"This laughing is getting me so hungry, so let's?" He asked as he lends me a hand to get up.

We walked towards the mat that we spread over the hill, we sat and started eating. We talked about random things, we laughed, yet even though we do this everyday it still feels like the first time.

We finished eating our lunch, we packed away the messy containers and mat back to his Fortuner. Then we laid over the grass and watched the sky.

This is how our they here pass by. We do some activity together, then eat lunch, chat and laugh more, take pictures and then watch the sunset at the Basco lighthouse. Then after that we hang out in the Bunkers café, until we decide to go home.

"Hey people!" Luigi called from down hill. Ryan sat up and raised his arms in question. "I'd head out first, just asking if the two of you wants to go with me?"

"No man, your old enough you could handle your ass in your own business." Ryan shouted back laughing a bit.

"How about Sette, I think she'd love to go with me." He joked.

"I'm good!" I shouted back, raising an approve sign.

"Come on Sette, aren't the two of you tired seeing each others faces, the summer's already coming to a f•ck•ng end and you're still doing the same thing. I know your secretly in love with me, so come on." He tried. I chuckled and raised a dirty finger towards him. I heard his laughter. "Bye, lovebirds!"

Ryan laid beside me again and watched the clouds move together.

"Why do you think clouds change, even though their already magnificent?" I asked out of the blue.

"Hmm... I what kind of answer do prefer the scientific or the sh•tty one?" He chuckled.

"I guess, both."

"In scientific, its just because of the pull of the air around us. In the other hand, I believe their just like people."

"Huh? Just like people, how?"

"They never settle for what they have now, even though they are magnificent, they strive for far too more beauty than they already are. They continue to change until they are gone." He said half smiling as he stared at the clouds above, I stared at his face a bit more.