Chapter 29: Reunited

Everyone gathered in the hall to discuss what had happened. I stood with Legolas my shaking hand in his grasp. I was starting to feel myself slip away and there was nothing I could do to stop it. Saphire stood next to me with a concerned look on her face. I had told no one of how I was feeling but I knew at least that both Saphire and Legolas knew something was wrong.

"There was no lie in Pippin's eyes. A fool, but an honest fool he remains. He told Sauron nothing of Frodo and the Ring. We've been strangely fortunate. Pippin saw in the palantír a glimpse of the enemy's plan. Sauron moves to strike the city of Minas Tirith. His defeat at Helm's Deep showed our enemy one thing. He knows the Heir of Elendil has come forth. Men are not as weak as he supposed. There is courage still, strength perhaps to challenge him. Sauron fears this. He will not risk the peoples of Middle-earth uniting under one banner. He will raze Minas Tirith to the ground before he sees a king return to the throne of Men. If the beacons of Gondor are lit, Rohan must be ready for war, " Gandalf addressed.

I smiled a little at the fact that perhaps Sauron had underestimated us and in that he gave us more of a chance to fight back.

"Tell me; why should we ride to the aid of those who did not come to ours. What do we owe Gondor?" Théoden asked not particularly eager to help Gondor.
"I will go, " Aragorn said determinedly.
"So will I, " added Lorelei.

Gandalf made it clear that Aragorn and Lorelei were not going anywhere but he and Pippin were. The room cleared and soon it was just Legolas, Saphire and I left.

"What is troubling you?" Saphire asked.
"Nothing, " I dismissed and tried to walk away but Legolas' grip on my hand tightened.
"We both know that is a lie Erestent, "
"We have more pressing matters to worry about right now, " I said trying to get out of the situation. I did not want to trouble them with my problems.

"Please I am fine I promise you, " I looked to the both of them who then stopped their interrogation knowing that I clearly didn't want to talk about it and they wouldn't be getting it out of me any time soon. I left them wanting some time to myself.

I walked out of the hall and wandered around the town. I eventually found myself at the gate and already missing Legolas' presence which I had grown accustomed to. I walked through the gate and noticed three specks on the horizon. I shifted into a wolf and ran towards them curiosity taken hold. Once I was close enough I changed into an elven form for the best eyesight. I smiled wide there was a horse riding towards me with an elf on it's back. She has greys eyes and long black hair that was pulled back by two braids on either side. Either side of the horse were ponies with my brothers riding them. In shifted back into my normal self and ran forward. Upon noticing my presence Kee and Fee dismounted and ran at me. We collided in a hug.

"What in Mahal's name are you two doing here?" I acclaimed hugging them tightly.

"Well we couldn't let you have all the fun fighting in battles now could we, " Fili replied.

"Oh no of course not, " I said sarcastically.

"It's good to see you sister, " Kili smiled.

"It's good to see you too Kee but are you going to tell me who your friend is or just stare at her?" I asked noticing the elf had moved to stand behind me.
The three of us parted and I turned to her.
"I'm Rîndis, " she introduced.
"Im-"
"Anastasia. Yeah, I know. Where's your wolf by the way? I've always wanted to meet him since I saw you riding him with the company and especially after I saw him helping you deal with the goblins when you killed the Goblin the King, " she said.

I was a little taken aback.
"How? How do you know that, "
"She was with us for a lot of the journey to Erebor, " Fili said.

"I stayed in the shadows though knowing Thorin isn't too fond of elves."
"Oh is that why you haven't told Thorin that you've got a girlfriend then Kili, "
He went red.
"How did you know?" He asked surprised I'd worked it out.