Chapter 9: Goblin Town

I followed them from a distance up the mountain in the storm making sure I wasn't seen. No one even mentioned me apart Bilbo. It hurt a bit. I thought I meant something to them but clearly, I did not. Soon the storm got worse. The rocks became slippery and the thunder only got louder. " It is a thunder battle, " someone shouted "Stone giants!" cried another and I deed they were right. I saw them now throwing rocks at each other some of them flew in the companies direction other in mine although it was not on purpose they came quite close. Suddenly in front of me, I saw part of the company being carried off in the knee of a stone giant whilst the others stood still shocked then they crashed back into the rock face. I froze. Surely they were not dead they can't be. At that point, I no longer cared if I was spotted I had to know if they were alright. I raced along the rock face and only to find Bilbo clinging onto the side. "Bilbo" someone called. I jumped down a grabbed the wall and hauled Bilbo up then clambered back up myself. "Annie?" Kili said shocked. "Hey Kee, " I smiled. He said no more to me just looked slightly sad. I followed the company into a cave. "What are you doing here ?"Thorin boomed.
"I am keeping my promise. I promised you that I would help you reclaim your home and I will. There's is nothing you can do to change that. I do not break my promises so deal. With.it." I yelled back.
"You should never have come! You or the hobbit he has been lost ever since he left home it was a mistake to bring you here," he said angrily.
"Well we're here and you cannot change it !" I shouted.
"Everyone calm down," Balin said."Oin start a fire and everyone settle down to rest and Bofur you take the first watch,"
"No fires," Thorin said curtly before laying down as the others did to rest. I did the same and fell asleep quickly.
No one's POV
Bilbo subtly checked that everyone was sleep and grabbed his bag and snuck towards the opening of the cave only to be caught by Bofur who was on watch. Bilbo mentally scolded himself for forgetting that someone was on watch. "where are you going? Bofur asked surprised.
"Back to Rivendell, " Bilbo replied.
"No, you can't leave us. Surely you can't leave Annie behind he miss you the most, " he exclaimed.
Bilbo sighed, he didn't really want to leave her but he knew how much she wanted to go to Erebor and find out about her family and she knew he was leaving she would insist on coming with him to protect him. But he missed his home and home was where he planned to go after Rivendell and be said as much to Bofur. They talked a while longer before a rumbling of the floor awoke the rest of the dwarves and Annie. The floor slowly began to crack and everyone went tumbling down into Goblin Town.
Annie POV
I fell onto of Bombur who thankfully soften my landing but soon the screeching of Goblins could be heard and they rushed over and started picking us up and dragging us all in one direction. I looked around frantically for Bilbo. I shifted into wolf form and bolted into the shadows Midnight at my heels and the goblins did not see as they were too preoccupied with the dwarves. I continued to follow them but I couldn't find any way to rescue the dwarves not on my own anyway. I snuck into a small cavern in the darkness and watched the scene unfold but I couldn't hear anything. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I froze.

"Do not worry Miss Ironheart it is only me, " Gandalf whispered and I relaxed. "Now I need you to do exactly as I say. Prepare your weapons and get ready to fight," After that he walked off and I followed.

Gandalf blasted the goblins back and stood behind a sword grasped tightly in each hand. Midnight standing at my side growling. I looked to Thorin "Run," I said quietly. Then all hell broke loose. We bolted down a path of platforms knocking goblins of the side as we went. I slashed and stabbed the goblins in my paths. Someone grabbed a ladder and lots of us grabbed on and charged knowing loads of goblins through a gap before using the ladder to traverse it. We ended up finding a dead end and I leapt up onto another platform and the others followed suit it swung back and from and we all jumped onto another path and we kept running. Until we were stopped by the Goblin King again. "Shit," I mumbled.