Chapter 2: What happens now?

The silence that had filled the room was thick with emotions. The three halfbreed siblings sat there unsure and unmoving. The one thing they were sure of at that moment was their parents' demise. Anastasia gripped her daggers so fiercely her knuckles turned white. If this is her time to die she will die fighting.
"Annie don't you dare go out that door," Raven said furious and scared. "Why not they know we are here" Anastasia replied.
"How do you know that?" Saphire asked terrified. Her sibling expressions soften slightly upon hearing her shaking voice.
"If they only thought it was Amad and Adad in the house they would have left. They are still here," Anastasia said calmly.
"We can't just sit here," Raven said Then before anyone could stop her Anastasia lept up and ran for the door. she was the only one who had noticed the doorknob twisting and an orc step into the doorway. Anastasia clasped her daggers and dove at the orc striking it in the eye and watched clatter to the floor. she had caught the orc off guard. No orc had ever expected a child to fight back. Now they knew differently. Raven followed after her sister charging at the orcs with no fear even though she had no weapon. they fought through and made their way fighting into the main room. Anastasia stopped dead tears filled her eyes but she refused to let them fall. She reached down and grabbed her fathers axe from the floor. "Raven!" she called to her sister throwing her the axe that she then sung directly into the skull of an orc. "Stop! Or I slit her throat." with that the fighting ceased and Anastasia and Raven looked at their terrified sister with and crude dagger to her throat. "Take their weapons". The orcs they had been fighting took their weapons from their grasp. The sibling had no choice their sister would die if they even thought about fighting back.

A week later. Anastasia's Point of View.

After the fight at the house, the foul creatures took us down alongside the mountains of Shadow and took us to the black gate. It stood tall and intimidating against the dark mountains. It crept open and the orcs shoved us forward. We did just as our parents had told us to do if something like this happened. We kept our heads down we kept quiet and we stayed together. I had always thought it absurd to be told what to do f we were taken now I can only thank my parents for the smart advice. We walked through the black gate and trudged through the desolate plains. Raven walked to my left no expression or emotion was shown on her face. To my right walked Saphire who was practically the opposite. Her eyes were puffy and red from crying -the death of our parents took its toll on her the worst. I think the only reason she has stopped is simply she has run out of tears to cry. But there is nothing I can do or say to comfort her it will not help. Our parents are dead nothing will change that.

Another week later

We were trapped in the darkness of Mordor. Confined to a disgusting cage guarded by orcs constantly. We were fed only the bare minimum. The first few days Raven and I put up a fight every time they ordered us around trying maybe to get a key of a guard or some sort of weapon. But more we fought back the more guards would come with us to take us to where we needed to go. They put us to work almost immediately they made Raven and I work on buildings seeing as we were fairly well built and strong. At first, they had Saphire with us but she struggled so much they tried to beat her into compliance but soon they realised she was just not strong enough for manual labour. So they sent her off to serve some of the higher-ranked orcs. Every day Raven and I were dragged off to work. We would be walked off outside of Mordor our hands bound by rope and we would spend the day lugging around materials and equipment for building with minimal breaks and food and water. After many gruesome hours of working, we were taken back to our grungy cage where we would find Saphire huddled into the corner often with fresh bruises where they would strike her if she did not do as ordered or simply took too long to do what she was supposed to do. Then we would fall asleep huddled together afraid to lose each other. We made a promise from the start to stay strong and stay together. But one day I was taken away by myself. By now I had given up on fighting back I kept my head down, made no sound and showed no emotion. I was taken to an armoury and on a stone slab in from of me laid my daggers and my mother's bow.
" The master requests you display your skills" an orc I had never seen before said. He looked different to most and seemed to hold more intelligent and etiquette than most orcs. He intrigued me.
"And what master would this be," I asked slight venom lacing my tone.
"The Master Sauron" the orc replied unfazed. That short reply made by blood run cold. After all this time he still lived. I did not let my fear show I kept my face an expressionless mask.
"The master requests you display your skills" The orc repeats. I take a moment to observe my surroundings. I notice the three makeshift targets in front of me several me in an arc. I pick up my Amad's bow and the quiver beside it.

I place the quiver on my back and gently pluck the bowstring

I place the quiver on my back and gently pluck the bowstring. Then I quickly grasp an arrow from the quiver and nock in the bow, aim and shoot. I repeat this two more times and look at the targets. Three bullseyes. I turn to left and find there are two dummies in a similar set up to the targets. I carefully place the bow back down with care knowing annoyingly that even if I shoot this scum right between he eyes as soon as I get outside the guards outside the door will surely end me. I grab my daggers from the slab.

Then precisely embed them in the head of the two dummies between the eyes and then calmly to the straw dummies and rip the daggers back out acutely aware of how to orc watches my every move

Then precisely embed them in the head of the two dummies between the eyes and then calmly to the straw dummies and rip the daggers back out acutely aware of how to orc watches my every move. I place them back on the slab next to the bow.
"Stay here and don't try anything, " with that the orc leaves the room and I let a single tear slip down my face as I look at mother's bow but only one no more. A few minutes passed and then the same orc entered the room again carrying an ornate sword.

The obscure writing on the sword seems to glow I can only guess it is some old forgotten language

The obscure writing on the sword seems to glow I can only guess it is some old forgotten language. The orc hands me the sword and calls for another. This orc is more of a typical orc apart from his size he is taller and looks far stronger than any I have ever seen. He also carries a sword but not one as unique as the one in my grasp.
"This shall be the start of your training on the command of the master. You are to train here for half the day and work the rest until you are practised enough to stand before the master." Maybe there was a reason those orcs came to out house after all.