6.6

A Good Morning

The sun peeking out of the curtains made Jerome scrunch up his face a bit, plus the cries of Rosalie added to the discomfort

The sun peeking out of the curtains made Jerome scrunch up his face a bit, plus the cries of Rosalie added to the discomfort. His head tuned to look at the clock in his nightstand, just three hours of sleep. Josette really had kept him up all night, not that he was complaining.

He looked down being met with her sleeping on his chest. Out of all the room and space on his bed she always managed to end up close to him.

Slowly and carefully he slipped out of bed making sure not to wake up the sleeping brunette. He put on his boxers that had been on the floor and gave Josette a kiss on the forehead before leaving the room making sure to close the door behind him.

Rosalies cries got louder as he approached her room. He opened the door and strolled over to his daughters crib looking down upon her, he reached into the crib gently taking her out, still her cries continued all the way downstairs into the kitchen.

"Good morning Jerome." Cordelia said walking into the kitchen. "Hey blondie." He greeted almost happily which wasn't very normal. "How'd you sleep." Looking up and down she examined what was inside the fridge occasionally glancing at the ginger who was making Rosalie a bottle.

"Didn't really get any sleep." Jerome answered as he focused on his daughter.

Rubbing the back of her neck she closed the fridge and spoke "I should've thanked you about saving me yesterday.... but I just can't shake how she didn't want to kill him...but then you told her to and she just listened..." Cordelia said with a very suspicious look in her face.

"What do you think I drugged her or something? She just realized how bad of a person he was. Don't think to much into it." Her head tilted, looking at him, he had a smile on his face, well he always did, but this one was a genuine smile.

He was happy, he was the happiest he's been in a while, he had his doll back, now they could all be a real family instead of a complicated one that was too awkward to explain.

After popping the bottle into the baby's mouth she almost immediately settled down, looking up at her father through her lashes.

"Good morning." Derek sung and he waltzed into the kitchen giving Cordelia a kiss. "Good morning Derek." Jerome said with his award winning smile. The tall man looked over at Cordelia in suspicion, she simply gave him a shrug. "Someones in a good mood." A chuckle left his lips as he spoke. "Ohh you have no idea." Jerome said chuckling.

Dozens of foot steps were heard coming down the stairs quickly. They all knew it was Josettes pack of siblings. "Morning losers." Philip said jokingly putting Kol in a high chair.

Jerome shot them all a smile making Philip gasp. "Jerome genuinely smiles...alert the media."

"How is she not up yet?" Cordelia asked her self out loud looking up at the time displayed on the microwave.