6.2

Just Business

Walking into the kitchen she saw Jerome ready to leave but having a drink while he had been waiting for the two

"You should've told me about the group. All this time I thought we were dealing with maybe just five people and Derek told me it's a whole community or something like that."

Josette crossed her arms and sat in the seat next to him "You only talked to Derek about it, you should've talked to me too."

"Well Derek is less annoying." He said taking a sip of his drink "and he didn't deliberately forget our entire relationship."

Her lips pursed together and she gave a nod "Yeah I deserve that..."

"Mmhmm." The ginger hummed response.

Slightly adjusting her posture she looked around not knowing what to talk about.

"You and Cordelia spent the last month together?" She asked looking at him, although he didn't turn his head to her.

"Yeah."

From what she witnessed the two didn't really get along. They would constantly insult each other. "What did you guys do?"

"Bickered mostly." He said shifting his body to face hers. "Took care of Rosalie, cooked, ate, we went through a word search phase but I always beat her and she got mad."

Josette let out a small chuckle, that did sound like the Cordelia she knew and loved.

For a second Jerome smiled upon hearing her laugh.

"We talked. A lot. Apparently there are a lot of words in the English language and she knows just about all of them."

She smiled and nodded her head "Yup. This is gonna sound strange but...I'm really happy the two of you had each other."

"She took care of Rosalie when I was to fucked up to do it, yet she still took care of me..." The bourbon slipped down his throat. He showed a saddened smile. "Hmm...wow."

"When she wasn't talking she was listening. She'd listen for hour and hours. So when the opportunity presented its self for you to comeback she made sure you took it..."

The girl looked at him and tilted her head. "What did you talk about?"

Jerome looked at her slightly glaring "what do you think?"

Then more silence.

"I really don't want to leave...some part of me does." She spoke running her fingers through her hair.

His eyes watched her. "Well what's stopping you from leaving?"

Josette rolled her eyes and looked at him repeating what he said "What do you think?"