5.0

A World That He Created

Jerome starred at a picture of her

Jerome starred at a picture of her. He starred at the picture for hours. The ginger was locked away in his room since they got back. It's been three days.

Three excruciating and agonizing days. That night the GCPD came, Jim Gordon had to be held back at the sight of Josette. They took everyone's body for evidence.

Jerome and Derek had to flee the scene because they would've gotten arrested on the spot.

News broke out about the massacre and how the young mother had died. Power was restored to all of Gotham a few hours after the incident.

But he knew this wasn't over. They wanted his daughter for a reason. He wasn't going to stop until they died. All of them. Whoever was behind this.

Jerome never cried so much in his life.

Why......

Why Josette?

Out of all the people in this shit city, why was she taken away from him....

She promised they would do everything together...

She promised...

Jerome clenched his fist letting a saddened chuckle out. The girl who showed nothing but kindness to people, the girl who didn't judge anyone from where they came from, the girl who loved love, was the one to die.

Maybe this was god finally giving him a punishment for everything he's done. For killing his mother and father, being cruel to his brother, killing hundreds in Gotham, and just being a overall asshole.

A world without out her was death for him.

He wanted to die.

It would be so easy.

He knew hundreds of ways he could do it too.

He couldn't.

That's the part he found funny.

She wouldn't want him to...she'd want him to live, not only for himself but for their daughter.

But he had already failed her.

Because he already felt like he was dead.

Lifting a bottle of vodka to his lips, Jerome took a swig, he let the contents of the vodka burn in his throat, though it didn't stop the tears from rolling down his eyes.

He looked at the picture again looking at the smile she had on, her one dimple on her right cheek standing out. He loved her smile, who was he kidding, he loved everything about her.

Filled with rage and despair, he grabbed the picture, flinging it against the wall, the sound of glass breaking not as satisfying as he'd hoped.

Falling to his knees, Jerome buried his face against the carpet flooring, his body shaking with broken sobs.