1.1

His New Beginning

Human life. A precious thing most people care about, a thing people should cherish. Some don't, some just don't care, they handle it like a toy, a thing they can play with however necessary. It's a fragile thing that is supposed to be handled with care. Josette had realized this just now, as she watched the life drain out of his eyes slowly. Trying desperately to breathe but failed every time. Josette would never forget that. His eyes instantly lost all color, like a light turning off with a flip of a switch and Josette was the one who flipped it.

Josette had no clue what was going on, everything felt so different to her. "Josette! Hey, hey, you need to listen to me." Jerome was on his knees along with Josette. He gently grabbed her face making her focus on him instead of the lifeless body next to them.

The body was lying face down, crimson red blood pooling out of it reaching Josette and Jerome, staining their jeans. "Where is Jeremiah?" The ginger said slowly.

Josette was a stuttering mess. "I-....H-he just, He j-just left me." She spoke frantically. The girl felt numb as if someone was speaking for her.

Jerome quickly stood up. "Fuck! That bastard!" He put both of his hands on the back of his head pacing around cursing under his breath.

Josette stayed on the floor. "Oh my god. I killed him." She mumbled with her eyes wide. Jerome brushed his ginger hair out of his face with one pesky strand dangling and resting on his forehead.

"Okay. Josette come on. We have to go." He said as he grabbed her forearm making her stand up.

"W-What about the body?" Her voice desperately trying to hold in a sob.

"Just leave it here." Jerome still had his hand pulling her forearm making the girl follow him. They arrived outside, the cold air hitting their faces. Josettes face almost all covered in dry blood. Jerome turned his head in multiple directions desperately looking for Josettes car that drove them over here.

"Shit. Jeremiah took it." He expected that, but the ginger still had hope. A car parked on the side of the street caught Josettes attention. She pulled on the sleeve of his bloody shirt. The man looked down at her. "How about that one?"

Jerome nodded, they both rushed to it with Jerome getting in the drivers seat and Josette in the passengers. The ginger frantically tried to hot wire the car.

"Wait, n-no that's the wrong wire." Josette said.

"Josette. I don't tell you how to raise your kids. So why don't you leave the stealing to the experts." He said with a frustrated tone. Jerome gave up leaning back into the seat running his fingers through his hair. Josette reached over and did it instead. Jerome was surprised that it had worked.

"Thanks." He said with a sigh. "Take me home please." She replied almost in a demanding way. The drive was quite, Josette kept her eyes on the time. Jerome would glance at her once and a while.

"Are you okay?" He asked as they parked. "I don't know." She replied, the girl didn't look at him. "Come on lets go." She mumbled getting out of the warm car, Jerome followed.

The two walked up the wooden steps, the door was unlocked. She opened it, everyone was still sleeping. The time was 3:30am.

"You can take a shower in the hallway restroom." Jerome nodded. "Go to Philips room for clothes. You two look about the same size." The two parted going in separate bathrooms.

Josette undressed herself. She looked in the mirror getting a glimpse of her now bloody face. The girl covered her mouth with her shaking hand holding in a cry, tears ran down her face like a flowing river.