4.8

Birth

Cordelia ran through the woods looking for the ginger

Cordelia ran through the woods looking for the ginger. Everything that could go wrong just happened. Josette was going into labor.

The witch tried to call Jerome but the signal was horrible.

Her feet aggressively stomped on the mud as the rain hit her face soaking her completely. "Jerome!" She yelled but no answer.

Her somewhat small figure bumped into a taller one. Jerome grabbed her making sure she didn't fall.

"What the hell are you doing out here blondie?" Jerome asked as she regained her balance.

Out of breath she tried to speak. "It's bad Jerome."

"We need to go inside now. I think Gotham is under attack and they just got to my place looking for Josette and I." He spoke quickly trying to push her to the direction of the house.

Cordelia pushed him away "Josettes water broke!"

Jerome's eyes widened. Without a word he ran past her to the house. Cordelia was a few steps behind him. The ginger ran as fast as he could occasionally almost tripping over rocks and fallen branches.

What look him minutes to walk to the car now took him almost seconds to come back with all the adrenaline that was pumping through his body.

Josette didn't want to move she stayed in the same place completely petrified. Witches surrounded her trying to persuade her to move but she refused.

"Jo!" Jerome shouted her getting her attention. The scared man ran down the stairs slightly pushing the witches away from her. "Come on we need to go back up." He told her gently.

"No! I can't!" He knew how scared she was. She would freak out whenever they talked talked about it but now this was the real thing.

They were prepared but not now. Rosalies stuff was at their house and her due date hasn't arrived yet, it wasn't even really close.

"Yes you can. You can do it." Jerome spoke with seriousness but yet still gentle. After a moment she gave a nod and grabbed onto his hand.

The girl moved slowly putting almost all her weight on her boyfriend but of course he didn't mind and was strong enough to help her all the way up.

"Can we go to the hospital?" Josette asked weakly feeling another contradiction. Jerome looked outside, with a storm like that and them being in the woods there was no way they would make it.

"The doctor's on her way. Okay?" Jerome said laying her down on a in a room that was closest.

He knew this was horrible timing. Gotham was under attack, power was out, people are possibly looking for him and Josette was in labor.

The whole house was chaos. Josette was crying and screaming, girls were running back and forth getting everything ready and tending to the helpless girl.