2.9

The Footage

Oswald walked the halls of a building frantically

Oswald walked the halls of a building frantically. His arm wrapped up in bandages that needed to be changed. He stopped at a front desk out of breath and was greeted by a lady. "Excuse me, but I couldn't help but notice that you guys have cameras." Oswald stated.

"Yes indeed we do..." The girl said confused as to where the conversation was going. "And you have some in the alley just out back? Do they record 24/7?" Oswald asked.

The lady fixed her glasses. "Yes sir." She answered. Oswald leaned on the counter fixing his hair. "I own a club just next door and my security system broke. Some pretty serious stuff happened and I would really appreciate it if you can lend us some footage of a couple days ago."

The lady smiled. "Of course right this way." She said getting out from behind her desk leading them to a room with small security TVs. "Just tell me the time and date and I'll give you a copy." She said typing into the computer.

"Um it was December 15th." He said putting his hands in his coat waiting for her to make the copy. Oswald looked up as she handed him the tape. "Thanks." He said with a fake smile and rushed out the room.

The lady stood there confused and just walked out going back to her area.

Oswald limped out of the building and into his car. He put the tape into a box along with some bubble wrapped so it wouldn't get damaged. He started the car after securing the box with tape.

After some time driving he rolled down the window and tossed the package in front of the GCPD.

-

Jim's hand was cramping as he continued to write a report he'd been working on since forever. Harvey, his partner slammed an object on his desk. The young detective looked up at Harvey and set his pencil down.

"What's this?" He asked looking at the package. "I don't know. We found it at the front. But read this note." He said taking the paper out of his pocket and slid it to him on the desk.

Jim's eyes scanned the note reading, 'Thought you might wanted to see this, sincerely Oswald.' Jim's eyebrows raised as he carefully opened the package.

"It's a tape." He said sounding somewhat surprised. The cop got up out of his chair. "Let's go play it." Jim walked to a room with a tv and put in the tape as Harvey stood behind him with his arms crossed over his chest.

The video was taken by a security camera that was set somewhere in an alley. Something serious seemed to be going on in the footage. He saw the door opened to reveal three people. Jim sequined his eyes looking closer immediately making out Jerome. "Is that...Josette?" He asked aloud.

Harvey clapped his hands together. "See! I told you she's been seeing him and helping him!" He exclaimed but was only responded with a "shhhh!"

Jim assumed that the rest was small talk until he saw gunfire then smoke, but he saw the unexpected happen right before him. The bullets were pushed back in their original direction killing almost every man on the spot.