5.5

In That Moment

(Hehe young Jerome and Jo🥺 also this chapter really sucks!)

[1 month ago]

She was all alone, it was cold, extremely cold. The city was empty. Not a single soul to be found within the walls of Gotham.

The girl knew she was dead, and she knew for a fact this was her personal hell.

Being all alone terrified her, and not being able to see Jerome and her daughter broke her.

It's been like this for a long time, for her the time went by painfully slow, everyday was just like the last.

Most times she would spend her hours crying or walking around aimlessly wherever she pleased.

Right now she made her way to a familiar place, their house.

The door swung open and she looked around it felt like she was actually there. All she wanted was to hear was Jerome's voice greeting her.

She closed her eyes trying to imagine his voice , but she couldn't. The girl had forgotten what he sounded like.

This is where she would stay all of eternity.

Like so many times she dropped to the floor curling up in a ball and sobbed.

"Ugh I can't take it! Please make it stop!" Josette begged.

She missed him with her whole entire soul, she would do anything to end the pain she had been going through.

"Why are you crying little one?" A man spoke which was absolutely 100% rare. She never heard anyone or seen anyone ever since she died.

"I miss him..." she said quietly to the unknown man. Slowly she sat up looking at him. He was tall, and had dark skin, he spoke with a Jamaican accent that was very deep.

"Who are you?" She questioned tilting her head. "I am the ruler of this beautiful kingdom. I make the rules here and make sure everyone pays a price."

He held a hand out for her to help her back up from the floor. With hesitation she took it and was back up in her feet.

"Tsk tsk tsk. Crying over that boy again. The devil himself, Jerome Valeska." He spoke smoothly. "Stone cold killer."

Josette didn't respond. "The love you two have for each other is powerful no doubt."

"I can't bare another second without him. Or with Rose. I never even got to meet her." She said crying once again.