0.8

Not the Plan

Josette looked at Jerome. "I thought The GCPD didn't know where you were!" Josette whisper shouted.

"Well that's what I thought!" He whisper shouted back, the two were still on the floor.

"What are we gonna do?" Josette asked.

"We?" He looked down at her.

"Yes we."

"No, no, no Josette there is no 'We', you're not gonna get stuck in the middle of this more than you already are, you're going home."

Josette rolled her eyes. She thought of her siblings that needed her, he was right.

"Fine. What are you gonna do." She said emphasizing the 'you'.

"There is only one thing to do."

"Turn yourself in?" She asked

"No!" That's when Jerome's grand idea sparked.

"Just follow my lead."

Jerome crawled to the window peeking out. As soon as they saw his red head poke out one of them shot, only missing him by inches.

Jerome put his hands up slightly opening the window.

"Okay! Fine! You caught me!" The crazed ginger chuckled.

"Congrats Jimbo. But....I think that I have the upper hand here."

Jim Gordon's curiosity peaked.

As the officers began to shoot Jim stopped them. "Hold your fire!"

"What are you talking about Jerome?"

"Well." Jerome started coming up with a good lie. "If you kill me this whole house will blow up, including where your standing so all of you will go kaboom." He chuckled.

The detective didn't know if he was bluffing or not, but he didn't want to take a chance to find out.

"Also..." Jerome grabbed Josette wrapping a arm around the girls neck then holding a knife to her throat. "I have the beautiful Jo Jo here with me...alive and well...of course not for long."

Jim's eyes widened, he had thought he killed her. "Don't hurt her!"

"What do you want?" Jim asked calmly.

"Hmmm... a million dollars, a helicopter, oh! And a pony."

The detective rolled his eyes at the last part. "I'm afraid we can't give that to you."

Jerome shrugged he's shoulders. "Okay then I'll just kill her."

"Wait! We can work something out, let her go first." He didn't want another life to be lost.

"Actually Jimbo, I've had a change of heart. You got me fair and square. I surrender." The man said nonchalantly.

Josette looked up at him. "What are you doing?" She whispered.

The GCPD including Jim Gordon was surprised.

Jim couldn't believe him. "I'm not playing any games Jerome!"

"And neither am I. You win. Back to Arkham I go."

"Drop all of your weapons and let her go!"

Jerome tossed his knife out the window and let Josette out of his grasp.

"Tell your followers to surrender as well." He demanded.

"And come out with your hands up. Don't try anything Jerome."