BOOK 2: TEASER!

My body thumps to the beat of the music as people around me jump and flail around, spilling drops of pop, beers, and water over my head and shoulders. My hair sticks to my face and neck with sweat, and a finger taps my arm from beside me.

"Having fun there?" Izora asks loudly, nudging me with his elbow. I tilt my head back and laugh, nodding. "I always do."

He hands me a red solo cup and winks, wandering off to my right. Suddenly an arm wraps around my shoulders and immediately, my training sinks in and I swirl around, fist clenched. When I realize it's only Dhara I relax, sighing.

"Hey," She grins, adding six extra e's into it. "I see you're having fun."

I bump backward into her stomach with my ass, smirking. "For sure."

She gives me a sly smile as she grabs my hips and pulls them backwards into her, and at that moment something ignited in my chest. I catch Izora's stare from the corner of my eye as I turn around to face Dhara, rolling my body on hers as her hands fall to my ass, tracing the butt pockets of my skirt. I feel Izora's eyes drilling holes into me, staring at me, begging for me to look at him. And I just couldn't. And it would hurt me to do this more than hurt him to see it.

"You trying to make a move, Ouest?" She asks in a low whisper, leaning in so close that our noses brush. My stomach flips on itself, over and over, and I can't tell if it's the guilt or the satisfaction of touching a girl that's doing it to me. I stare at the zipper of her shirt that holds her cleavage in place, my fingers itching to pull it. These girls could always manage to twist me around their little finger, but if I faked this out, I might be able to get a lead. I had to kiss her though.

Dua Lipa's, Don't Start Now starts blaring through the speakers held high above our heads and Dhara turns around and thrusts her body into me, taking my hands and setting them on her waist. I run them down her thighs and back up in between them, the feeling of her ass against my front making my heart thump. I could definitely get used to this again.

I lean back and slip a few fingers through her belt loops, pushing back against her as she puts her cheer build to work against my front. We move to the rhythm, pushing and rubbing against each other, a huge grin plastered on my face. I think I was actually enjoying this.

The room fell apart to just the two of us, grinding on each other's knees until we were both buzzed and soaked with sweat and something else. She finally turns back around, using the back of her hand to wipe sweat off her makeup-caked forehead.

"I haven't had anybody make me feel like this in way too long," She pants, and without hesitation, I grab the side of her face and pulled her into me, pushing our lips together. The hair on the back of my neck raises as she wraps her stilettos around it to deepen the kiss, opening her mouth to return the gesture. I had her hooked.

Peering to my left where Izora stood, I watch him toss his cup down and storm off to the kitchen, and it takes everything in me to keep from crying. I felt so guilty I wanted to puke. But, I had to do what I had to do. We were getting too close, and I wasn't going to make the same mistake twice.

"Should we take this to the bedroom?" She asks, and I eagerly nod in agreement. I was so close to her, I could see her guard cracking.

"But first," I stop her, nodding back to the kitchen. "Another drink? I'm parched."

The two of us beeline hand-in-hand to the kitchen, and Izora was nowhere to be found. After pouring us each another shot of 20/20, Dhara leads me up the stairs and presses her back to the door as she closes it, smiling at me suggestively. I tug down her zipper as she works on my skirt, getting it to drop to my feet. Her leather shirt joins my skirt on the floor as I push her against the door, our lips crashing together desperately. Our hands interlock at our sides and I push them up over her head, kissing across her face, jaw, and down her neck. Her breaths are short and fast, driving me into a dominant state that makes my vision go blurry. I slip both hands around her legs as I lift her up, her ankles locking around my hips. At this point, I wasn't sure if I was faking anymore or not.

My feet catch on a piece of furniture behind me and I stumble back crashing into a large ottoman in front of a grand chrome vanity. We part in surprise, and when Dhara notices our compromising position, she smirks, tugging at my bra straps.

"Jaax told me all about your rendezvous at the homecoming party last year," She tells me, and I get a swarm of fuzzy prickles sent through my body. I had forced myself to forget about that, but it was the same thing as now: a mistake backed up by a hurtful justification.

Dhara lifts a leg up beside me and I push my hand up her thigh, gripping her lower cheek. She softly sighs as she lowers herself onto my lap, tossing her long, dark hair behind her as she grinds her hips down onto mine. Our lips press together again and she pulls me to my feet, leading me to her bed.

"We can take as long as we want; Dayne has it under control," She slurs, and I smile. That was fine with me. She falls backwards into her sheets and I follow, my knees catching me from crushing her as we fight my shirt over my head. My mouth instinctively moulds to her collarbone, hands wandering around her fair, white skin, and she inhales deeply, tangling her fingers in my hair. They grip at my roots tightly and I wince in pleasing pain, cupping her breasts gently in my hands. Her knees fall apart and I lay my body across her center, my nails too long to get her button undone.

Seeing my struggle, she pushes my hands out of the way, undoing her pants and pushing them off her legs. I help her out of them, dizzy from the thoughts that spiral out of control inside my head. Izora or any old drunk boy could walk in at any moment, camera ready to snap and blackmail. The last thing Lakesville High needs is to see the athlete champ/homecoming princess laying the varsity cheer captain at her brother's frat party.

"Jhordyn," She whispers through a long, hard kiss, and when I pull away, I realize my red lipstick is smeared all over her lips. My pants are sodden; I've got an eager urge to take them off. I'm aching deep inside my stomach like nothing I've felt before, and my fingers go numb. She easily pushes me off her and we switch places, and my abs contract at her cool fingers that dip down underneath my underwear. She softly moans against my abs as she nips at the skin, my toes curling as I fight my peak. I was getting laid by my best friend.

As the passion engulfed my body the ache grew stronger, seeking full control of me. I thought for sure I was done fucking girls. Before I could scold myself further, Dhara placed a gentle yet firm kiss on the left side of my neck, making my eyes vanish under my eyelids with a pleased eye roll. Damn her. My back arched against her body and I fell deep into a guilty paradise, which would soon become my most feared secret.

Hey, you guys!

I hoped you enjoyed this little bit and opening conflict of Reputation's sequel, Prestige. Don't fret, there is more to come... Check it out under My Works on my profile, Elissa Merideth (Jawbreakers02) and don't forget to click that plus button to find it again and be notified of every update you surely don't want to miss. Next published update on Prestige, Chapter One is April 10th of 2020. If you haven't already, please go read the first published part, Prologue, and don't be afraid to drop a comment if you have any questions or suggestions. Thank you so much and I hope you enjoy!

-Elissa-