Background and Acknowledgements

Hey my lovely reader! So I see you have make it to the end of Reputation... what a thrilling adventure, yeah? I really, truly hoped you enjoyed this love story and were there with the characters the whole way. I try to make my writing as detailed, vivid and relatable as possible, so please let me know what you think by dropping your reaction in the comments!

A bit of history behind this novel is I started it when I was about 12 years old and never had the slightest interest in sharing it with others. If you were to open my very first journal, you would see that this story started off with just a normal, average teenage love story between a girl and a boy; just two insignificant lovers in a sea of people. How in the world did it come out to be this emotional roller coaster, you ask?

Well...

I started basing the actions, characters, and scenes from my book off of ones I face in my day to day life. Slowly and gradually I began to add more characters, then conflict, and I thought I had a pretty well rounded cast: Adrien, Autumn, Qrow, Tripp. Easy, yeah?

After the hurricane here, I began to explore my old writing and open up to my friends, showing them little snip-bits of chapters I had taken from my old notebooks and edited them. With positive feedback, I started realize, "Woah, this is actually really fun!" and chose to look around for a publishing app. (Thank you, Wattpad, for popping up on my Pinterest feed one day while I was mindlessly scrolling through it one evening in bed.)

Now, before you skip to the end, I just want to announce a few shout outs, starting with my best friend, Lee Terrell. They helped me out so much with my writing and emotional problems, and I really want to thank my cousin for introducing us in the beginning. With them I realized long distance relationships truly suck and I've never cried over not being able to kiss somebody so hard. They helped me out with everything and was constantly reminding me my writing didn't suck and it would all be worth it. But to be realistic, I really don't think Jerzei would be here if it wasn't for them.

Second, I want to thank my all time girl, Nicole. Dude, let's just lay it out there: you were one of the first people to even know I wrote. Even after our relationship(s) you have helped me with character development, plotline twists, and sparked the relationship between Qrow and Tripp. Of course, it was an experiment, but look where it is now. You basically gave a foundation to my creation. Thank you.

Next I want to thank my gbf, Jack Johnson, for giving me details on how to write my... scenes. I don't think I'd be comfortable asking any other guy what they like when another guy kisses them besides you. That, aaand you're the only gay guy I am close with. No hard feelings.

Lastly, I want to thank you guys. I am so thankful you have supported me in this writing and have stuck through lengthy spaces between updates and unedited chapters. I promise I'll get around to editing... someday.

Now, a whole novel later, I'm finally finished and happy there's no more reason to stress over it any longer. But, pout not! Leave a comment with your preferred book; a sequel or a prequel next? Granted, it'll both happen, but I'll leave it up to you guys and what you all want to know about next: the past or future.

In closing, I am so thankful for my talents and ability to entertain you guys. I love writing, and of course, let me know if you want another book not involving characters of Reputation. I'd be pleased with a DM with a suggested plotline! I hope this book was worth your read and I wish to hear from you, even it's just to say hi!

-Elissa-