Tripp

Songs of the chapter:

Come Get It Bae- Pharrell Williams

Bad Liar- Imagine Dragons

Stressed Out- 21 Pilots

I want to say that I have feelings for Qrow. After all, I was the one who kissed him last month. Maybe it was just the spark of the moment, maybe I did it out of pity, or maybe I was a little drunk. Although it pained me to know Jerzei saw. Thankfully she forgave me, believing it was only because I had a few drinks, but a tiny part of me hated myself for lying. She has always hated the bisexual part of me from the very start. She always thought I would break up with her for a boy, and now, she was right. Not just any boy either. Her own stepbrother, the firstborn son to the German King. I felt terrible for picking Qrow over her. But like she says, some things just don't work out like you want them to.

"I-I'm sorry," I apologize again, playing with my fingers. "I know I have, well, been gone for a while, but I've talked to Autumn and I figured she was telling you and I just needed some time to figure everything out-"

Qrow chuckles, shaking his head as he looks up at me through his eyelashes. "Look, Tripp, it's not your fault."

"Autumn and I watched him die!" I exclaim in disbelief, holding my face in my hands. It was well over five years since his death; there was no way. Maybe the word had taken a fictional twist somewhere through the grapevine.

"It couldn't have been my father," I tell him, looking back up to him to make eye contact. I remember quite vividly the draining colour in his brilliant chartreuse eyes as his body dropped to the ground.

"Do you really think it was the Brux Hollister or could it had been one of our soldiers, maybe an imposter?" I ask rhetorically. Qrow gives me a look, furrowing his eyebrows. "You never told me about Autumn being there."

I sigh, rubbing my bottom lip with my thumb. Out of all the things he could have responded with, it had to be if topic.

"About five-ish years ago, when I still worked for the New Guard, I met Autumn while taking hostages from the patrol trucks," I explain. "I fell in love with her and rescued her from the labour yards, soon finding out the only reason she was there at Alpha Barracks was to kill my dad who had killed hers as well a few years back. Then as I was thinking about turning her in after my dad threatened to kill us both-" Qrow raises his eyebrows, giving me a surprised look. "-I thought about how Brux had previously murdered the rest of my family by setting my house on fire, so I agreed to help her end his career in manslaughter," I say quickly and in a rushed voice, unsure of what I was even saying made any sense. He slowly nods. "So the only one he hadn't picked off was Adrien's dad?"

I laugh, interlacing my fingers together on the table infront of me. "Yeah, pretty much."

I watched a piece of his black hair tumble out of the small ponytail in the back of his head and into his face. I quickly and tentatively stretched forward over the table and pushed it behind his ear for him. "You can finally put it in an updo," I note, ruffling his hair as the skin on his cheekbones turns pink. He softly laughs, dodging my hand. "Yeah, I'm pretty proud of myself for keeping it long."I tenderly smiled, studying his face. "Now people can play with it," I wink. He smirks back, taking another bite of his eggs. My eyes averted to the small marble tiles lined neatly on the wall beside us, then back to him.

"You sure have an appetite for that small body of yours. Where's all of it going?" I tease, both of us laughing. He looks away, his smile quickly fading.

"Yeah... I haven't neccesarily eaten much for the past few days, so I'm taking advantage of decently cooked food," He admits blandly. "As much as I love Autumn, she can't cook anything without burning it."