Fifty-two

I lie under the stars, placing my head on Beastboy's chest

We watch the night-sky together, like a dark veil above us: decorated with millions of stars. The never-ending darkness consumes everything in the sky apart from the glistening pearls, illuminating the inky sky. 

Beastboy points upwards as if to reach out and touch the stars. 

''Just look at the stars, Rae.'' 

The silver lights seem to wink at me as they twinkle in the midnight sky, tugging at the corners of my lips, as I smile up at the freckles on the night sky's skin. 

''You see how some are brighter, some fading, others just glowing in their own pattern?'' He takes my hand, showing me some specific stars. ''Every single one has its own unique appearance, its own size, shape, and brightness.''

It is then I notice the fading lights in the sky, just cowering behind the brightest kings. 

''We are all like stars.'' 

I take my gaze off of the canvas and look at Beastboy's focused eyes, set on the night sky. 

''We are all slightly different from each other. Some of us are tall, others short. Some of us have blue eyes, others have green eyes.'' 

He continues to analyse every single constellation. 

''We all have different personalities as well. Some of us are loud. Other people are quiet and shy. Some of us like to play videogames.'' He laughs. ''Others like to read.'' He taps my nose with his index finger. 

He is silent for a moment, deep in thought, as if trying to compose what he is going to say next.

''But we all have one thing in common.'' 

I intertwine his fingers with mine.  

''We all have the power to love. We have the power to show love to other people: to brighten up their lives, just how the stars always shine to their full potential.'' 

I focus on a single light in the sky above, fading, but still giving a small gift of light to the world. 

''Every single star is different, just like how every single person on this earth is unique, but they all try to shine as bright as they can. That's what we should aim to be like. We should all aim to be the best we can.'' 

A tear glides down my cheek from the beauty of his words.

''No matter who we are, what problems we are facing, we should all try to help others and show love to them.'' 

I lay a hand on my heart. 

''That's why people wish on stars. People wish on shooting stars because they need help and love and happiness but are not getting it from others.''

I watch a shooting star soar through the sky, leaving a golden trail behind it.   

''But sometimes peoples' wishes lie in other people's hearts.''

I look back to Beastboy, observing the small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

''Like how shooting stars fall in the night sky, we fall for others, to love them.'' 

He finally turns to look at me. 

''Like how I have fallen for you.'' 

His lips brush mine innocently, conveying his message even more deeply then his words ever could. 

''Even when you feel like you can never escape from your past, from your father... just remember Rae, I'll always be here for you. I'll always be here for you, the one person you can always count on, the one person you can always count on to help you and show you love.''

The lanterns on the roof turn on all around us, illuminating his features. 

''Like how all these stars are so different, you are unique as well, Rae. It's good to be different from everyone else.''

I know, deep in my heart, that I will always be safe from now on. 

''Just remember that whenever you need help, you will come and find me. I'm here to tell you that you can rely on me like a shooting star for a wish.'' 

It's the first time in forever I know for certain that I will, and I will always stick by him, just like how he has always stuck by for me. 

I've finished! I've actually finished this book! I just want to thank every single one of you who has read this far

I've finished! I've actually finished this book! I just want to thank every single one of you who has read this far. You have all supported me so much through reading, voting and commenting. All of you have a special place in my heart. This book has made me cry, laugh, and simply just fangirl for bbrae. I hope you did as well. I can't even express how thankful I am for every single read, vote and comment I get. They make me so happy and make me want to continue writing for you, guys. Thank you. Thank you so much. Your support is golden, and I love every single one of you for reading the first chapter and have continued all the way to this chapter. I'm happy to finally conclude that this is now completed. Thank you all so much, I would have never finished this boo without any of you. If you really enjoyed this book then stay on the lookout because I will be publishing another bbrae fanfiction called 'Hiding behind a Smile' from Beastboy's perspective, focusing on the expectations of society, especially the phrase that 'men don't cry'. It would mean the world to me if you would continue to support me through that book. Thank you all so much. Until we meet again.

 Until we meet again

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐌𝐘 𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒 ❪ 𝘣𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘦 ❫ 🎉