Twelve

My heartbeat quickens, and sweat forms on my forehead

My heartbeat quickens, and sweat forms on my forehead. I stay close to the alley wall, and I walk slowly towards the light.

I peer out into the street, making sure no one can see me.

I brace myself for the sight of Trigon.

He's not there.

I breathe a sigh of relief I didn't know I was holding. But then I hold my breath once again.

I hear another scream. No, not a scream. A yell.

I stay inside the alley, concealed by the shadows, and I watch this wild scene before me.

A girl with pink hair and luminous green eyes is floating in the blue sky. Large grey buildings are destroyed by emerald lasers. The edges blacken, the way paper burns when it makes contact with a flame.

She shouts in a foreign language that I don't understand. I can't see who she is talking to, but the tone of her voice suggests she is angry. The type of anger that has been bottled up over the years, and finally let out.

I look out into the street as the cluster of people dies down until two boys remain.

One has black hair, and is wearing a graphic costume with a yellow ''R'' surrounded in a black circle.

The other has jade skin, and forest eyes. His eyes dart towards me for a few seconds, and I rush back into the darkness.

The girl continues to destroy everything she sees. I start to realise that she is not aiming at anything. She is simply targeting anything to suppress her anger.

The boy with the vivid costume runs towards her, and fires a hooked weapon. It is shaped at odd angles, and it explodes. The pink-haired girl darts towards the left and it misses her.

Her eyes burn with green flames, and I can see tears trickling down her face. It is then I see her side of the story with clear eyes.

She has been abused. She has suffered. Purple bruises line her body, and dried blood is in splotches across her limbs.

The silver handcuffs dig into her arms, causing more pain. She is not fighting because she is a villain. She is fighting because of anger. The girl has no control.

The green boy morphs into an elephant and is about to charge when I leap out of the shadows.

''Fighting is not the answer!'' I shout, forcing my hands in front of the elephant's face.

A tall dark-skinned boy wearing a black hoodie runs forward towards me. ''She's right!''

The green boy cocks his head at me, and asks, ''What should we do then?''

I look up at the girl, and I point at the chains on her wrists. ''She's trying to escape. She doesn't mean to attack! It's out of anger. She has no control over her emotions.''

The boy with black hair and a mask over his eyes offers an idea. ''Should we talk to her down here?''

I nod. I fly upwards towards the girl. She screams at me, in her own tongue. I attempt to talk to her, even if she can't understand me.

''I understand.'' I point to her handcuffs. ''You do not mean to do this.'' I gesture around the city. ''You are not in control. The feelings have bottled up for a long time, and you have finally let them out.''

Her furious expression eventually softens. ''I know. It's difficult. People can be horrible. You won't just be wounded on the outside.'' I gesture to the bruises and bleeding as I slowly fly backwards towards the ground as she follows. ''You'll be wounded on the inside, and that hurts the most. It will be hard to heal those.'' My feet touch the ground. ''Please, stop what you are doing. This isn't you. Your anger isn't you.''

''Please, come down here. We'll help you,'' the boy with emerald eyes says.

The pink-haired girl approaches the boy with the mask. He gently touches her wrist, unlocking the handcuffs. As the metal falls to the ground, the girl leans forward and presses her lips against his.

''Dude!'' The green boy laughs, but eventually regains a serious facial expression when the girl leans back.

''You must leave me alone if you do not wish to be hurt,'' she warns.

With a flicker of green light, the girl flies off.

''We must follow her,'' the boy says, not listening to her warning.

I mutter, ''Azarath Metrion Zinthos,'' and a portal opens in front of me. I can sense the boys staring at me, but I dismiss any distractions. This girl needs help.

I gesture for them to follow, and as I soon as we land I regain my focus back on the girl.

I see her in the sky trying to claw off a group of reptiles. She screams as one attempts to dig another set of chains into her wrists.

A huge black portal opens in the sky, and I am reminded of Trigon once again.

I am relieved to see it isn't him, but more of the reptiles.

The changeling transforms into a bird, and he flies off in direction of the girl. I follow him, preparing my powers.

The bird whips around the reptiles and catches a rope thrown by one of the boys. He flies around them at a tremendous speed, getting closer and closer to tie the rope around them.

''Azarath Metrion Zinthos!'' I shout, enveloping the strange reptilian men in a purple aura, and I send them back through the black mass in the sky once the rope has tightened around them.

The girl falls towards the ground and is caught by the masked boy.

I summon two clawed hands and I force the portal shut, as I fly towards the ground. I realise I'm going to fast and I won't be able to land, but the green boy morphs back into his human form and catches me just as I hit the floor.

''Thanks.'' I say, whilst he nods and helps me up.

I regain my breath, and the leader of the group thanks me for my work. ''I'm Robin,'' he says. ''And you are?''

Well, there you have it! Teen Titans is born! Comment your thoughts down below,  I love to hear your opinions on what has happened so far

Well, there you have it! Teen Titans is born! Comment your thoughts down below,  I love to hear your opinions on what has happened so far. Thank you so much for reading, voting and commenting.