Ten

Since that day when I first saw my father, his whispers have intensified

I can't read in peace. Or eat. Or sleep. His words gnaw on me, causing internal mental wounds to open.

My heart is struggling to beat. My eyes are struggling to see with the tears blinding my vision. My mouth is struggling to speak without trembling.

''Pathetic.''

I try to block the words out.

''Worthless.''

If I can't hear, then his words can't get to me.

''Disgusting.''

Every word is a new wound being sliced into my mind. It doesn't matter if I scream so loud that I can't hear anyone else.

I can still hear him.

His words quicken, thrusting into me over and over.

''Failure. Psychotic. Idiotic. Ugly. You are a mistake.''

''Stop!'' I scream.

Trigon refuses to listen.

Days go by. Weeks, months, eventually years.

''You are worthless. You do not deserve the love you get on Azarath. You disgust me. You are idiotic. Mental. Psychotic. A failure.''

Trigon repeats the words over and over. They deepen the scars inside.

''No one loves you. They despise you.''

''My mother loves me,'' I whisper. ''Azar loves me.''

''Azar never loved you! She might have liked your mother, but she never asked for you. She never wanted you. Azar despised you.''

He's right.

''Arella hates you. She never wanted you either. She wanted to kill herself because of you! She took the pills knowing she was going to kill you. Her life would have been better without you.''

I know he's right.

For the next few days, I don't speak. I keep my head down. I listen to the words Trigon repeats over and over. I know he is right.

Everything he is saying is true.

I can feel the words lodge themselves inside my heart, growing into a pit of hell. They grow louder and louder, until it isn't Trigon speaking the words.

It's me.

The words are inscribed in my soul, playing themselves over and over. I am a failure. I am worthless. I am ugly.

I confide in the only person I can: Ariel.

''Raven! You are not any of those things! You are beautiful. You are loved.''

I wish I could believe you, Ariel.

I can't stay in Azarath any longer.

Ariel is so right! Of course, Raven doesn't believe her

Ariel is so right! Of course, Raven doesn't believe her. Honestly, Raven's gone through so much and she's still living, still going. It's amazing how far she's come. Thanks for 800 reads! Almost at 1K.

 Thanks for 800 reads! Almost at 1K