Thirteen

''I'm Raven,'' I say, shaking the leader's hand, known as Robin

''And who are you?'' Robin turns to the tall teenager, with robotic limbs.

''Vic. Victor Stone,'' he answers.

''I'm Garfield,'' the green boy says. ''My superhero name is The Changeling from Doom Patrol.''

I nod, not understanding every detail, but I take it in all the same.

The alien girl is still sleeping in Robin's arms. ''She needs to be taken to a hospital,'' I say, using my magic to heal the fresh cuts on her wrists.

''My dad's a scientist, I'll take you there,'' Victor says. ''Follow me.''

I walk alongside Garfield, and he attempts to make a bit of small talk with me.

''Where'd you come from?''

''A dimension known as Azarath.'' My voice shakes slightly at the mention of the place. I inhale, stroking the hem of my cloak. ''Where am I?''

''This is Earth,'' he replies.

''Earth,'' the word slips off my tongue. It reminds me of something in Azarath. ''Earth,'' I repeat again.

''Heard of it before?'' he asks, attempting to study my face behind my cloak.

Earth.

I repeat the word in my head, over and over until I finally make a connection. Earth was the planet where Azar saved people to come and live in Azarath.

When she was teaching me, she used to say that it was a corrupt planet, filled with hatred and war.

I nod, but I don't explain more.

''Sick powers by the way!'' he says and raises his hand to give me a high five.

I reluctantly return it while Victor unlocks the door to his father's lab.

''This way.'' Victor gestures to an iron door, and punches in a code. ''My dad isn't home.''

The iron door slides open, and Robin carries the alien girl and carefully places her on the bed.

Victor runs around the lab, grabbing numerous instruments to be used on the girl.

After several minutes he concludes the girl is fine.

''You can heal wounds right?'' he asks, looking at me.

''Yes,'' I answer positioning my hands above the scars on her body. ''Azarath Metrion Zinthos!'' I glide my hand over her wounds, and they gradually close and new skin forms.

Robin gently shakes her shoulder, and her eyes open. ''Where am I?'' she shouts.

''Woah calm, calm down. We are helping you,'' Robin says, patting her back.