Twenty-nine

''Raven!'' The tall green changeling darts up the stairs, desperately trying to catch up with the girl clutching the box of strawberries

''Raven!'' The tall green changeling darts up the stairs, desperately trying to catch up with the girl clutching the box of strawberries. ''Wait up!''

Raven has reached the roof by this time, and she sits on the edge, taking several moments to catch her breath before the shapeshifter catches up with her. Looking down at the world, she can see the clusters of people busily rushing around to wherever they are going that early evening. The sun hasn't set yet, but the sky is beginning to transform, ready for the sun's departure. 

''Hey, I think I deserve a strawberry for that marathon.'' 

''Nope!'' The purple-haired sorceress turns her head away, popping a crimson coloured berry in her mouth as she does so, giggling like a little girl, looking towards the city. 

Beastboy's face lights up when he hears Raven's precious laugh. He hasn't heard it for a long time, but he will wait as long as he can just to hear that laugh again. 

''Please?'' he begs, trying to grab the strawberry in her hand, but he has forgotten she had magic. A purple aura surrounds the berry, snatching it away from his grip, disappearing into Raven's mouth. 

''Raven...'' 

''Fine.'' She giggles, pushing the fruit right in front of his lips. ''Eat,'' she orders, grinning all the while, leaning into his shoulder. The changeling attempts to bite into it, but due to the girl's laughter, the berry is being jolted around. 

''Just give it!'' He manages to pluck the strawberry out of the air, and finally bites into the sweet crimson delight. ''Ha!''

After a few minutes, the teens' laughter dies down, and the berries vanish. Raven places the empty box beside her, examining the sky, slowly darkening.

''Hey, Rae.'' Beastboy speaks, breaking the silence, putting his arm around the small girl huddled up next to him. 

''Shh.'' Raven presses her finger to his lips, still intently scrutinising the scene before her. 

''What?'' 

''Look.'' She simply says, pointing out towards the golden orb in the sky, gradually sinking below the horizon. The sky has become a piece of artwork. 

A masterpiece.

 Different splashes of colours: oranges, reds and golden hues lined the huge canvas, stretching out as far as the eye can see.

Raven fiddles with the pocket on the side of her hoodie, grabbing her phone and taking a picture of the sunset laid out before her. 

''I've got an idea.'' She whispers to the changeling, getting up and positing her phone a few metres behind him. After setting a timer, she runs back into her original position, looking back out to the sunset, and waits for the click of the camera.

She summons her phone back and shows Beastboy the photo she has taken. 

It is perfectly positioned, the golden hues and tones surrounding the sun almost look ethereal, and there are also two silhouettes gazing out, enjoying the view. 

''Why did you want to take that photo?'' he asks. ''Didn't know you were into photography.'' 

''Just so I can remember this day,'' she pauses. ''With you.''

Beastboy looks down towards the girl and smiles. 

The changeling has a sudden urge to tell her something. ''Raven. I - I need to tell you something.''

''Yeah?'' She says, waiting for his response. 

Beastboy rubs the back of his neck, the words he wanted to say completely vanish from his mind, replaced with a blank thought. 

He attempts to continue. ''It's - it's just -'' Raven places her head on his shoulder, listening intently. ''I just wanted... wanted to say -''

''HEY BB!'' 

Beastboy turns his head to catch sight of Cyborg standing by the entrance to the roof. 

''I'M BACK!''

Raven hears a slight sigh come from the teen next to her and feels him lean away from her as he gets up. 

''GUESS WHO'S GONNA BEAT YOU AT EVERY VIDEO GAME IMAGINABLE!''

''Coming, Cy.'' Beastboy turns back to Raven. ''Sorry, Raven. I've got to go, but I'll tell you another time.'' 

Raven watches as he walks towards Cyborg, just as the sun completely vanishes, giving way to the thousands of stars, and the dark night. 

What was he going to tell Rae? Hmm

What was he going to tell Rae? Hmm. Will he forget or remember to tell her later on? What do you, guys think he was going to tell her?