Thirty-nine

''Are you sure you want to be alone?'' Beastboy asks, standing by the door

''Yeah. Just give me a few minutes.'' I answer, clasping the herbal tea in my hands that he made for me as soon as we got back.

''Alright then. See you later, Rae.'' With that, he's gone.

I stare at the leather notebook on my desk, placed right in the centre, so I will pay attention to it every time I go over there.

I sigh, taking a sip of my drink, summoning a fresh set of clothes. I pick out a black jean skirt, along with a dark t-shirt with a print of red lips in the centre. I throw a blue jean jacket over my outfit, and I put my uniform away.

Taking my phone from out my bag, I open social media, observing some of Kid Flash's posts from yesterday. I reluctantly like his pictures, and scroll down to look at Starfire's and Robin's posts from the basketball game a few nights ago. After a few minutes, I get bored and am about to my phone on charge when the screen lights up with a message from Noah.

Hey, I'm able to make tonight after all. Can you meet at 10 pm?

I think for a few moments. I check the time and it's only 4 pm. I could definitely get there on time.

Yes, I can make it in the end. See you at the cocktail bar.

I decide to go, besides I need some time to relax lately. After putting my phone on charge, I summon a book and begin to read. I'm interrupted a few minutes after.

''Raven?'' Beastboy knocks on the door. ''I made some soup. Want some?''

I open the door. 'What kind?' I ask, needing some sort of comfort, a chance to relax.

''Vegetable. Nothing special. Potatoes, peas, broccoli, carrot -''

''Yes please.''

''Sure. Give me five minutes.'' He walks towards the common room.

I grab my phone and put the book away. Walking down to the common room, I send a text to Starfire asking where she is. I assume she's with Robin shopping or visiting Teen Titans East.

When I arrive, two bowls of piping hot soup await on the kitchen table. I take a seat, waiting for it to cool down.

''Hey, Rae. Here's some bread.'' Beastboy places a bowl of bread on the table, along with two knives and two smaller bowls of butter. 'That's the vegan stuff,' He points to one of the bowls. ''And that's the normal butter since I know you don't appreciate fake meat.'' He laughs, and I spread some butter on a piece of bread, remembering the particular day I told him that.

''Have you seen anyone since we came back?'' I ask, biting into the slice.

''Nope. I texted Cy though. He's working on the car.'' I nod. ''As for Starfire and Robin, I haven't seen them since the basketball game.''

I take the first spoonful of the soup, instantly an explosion of flavour fills my mouth.

''You like?''

''Oh, it's great,'' I answer, continuing to eat the soup.

''You know, you were really strong today,'' Beastboy says. ''You coped really well. I know it's not easy revisiting the past.''

I smile at him.

''If you ever need to talk, Rae. About anything. Anything at all. Come find me.''

I nod.

''I will.''

It seems like Raven's getting better, every chapter

It seems like Raven's getting better, every chapter. She has been through so much, yet she still keeps going. With Beast Boy on her side, there is nothing she can't do.