Three

As Angela walked out of the room, she marvelled at the architecture of this building

''This is the Temple of Azarath,'' Azar confirmed gesturing to the golden pillars. ''We must rename you.'' Azar passed a piece of paper to her, filled with names.

Angela was confused about why she had to change her name, but she didn't ask why. She simply underlined a name she liked, and filled in a few documents, and had a new identity. Arella Roth.

Newly named, Arella followed Azar once more. She brought her to a large palace. It was made of marble, and pillars of gold.

''You shall stay with the monks and I.''

Azar opened the large golden doors, and the people inside stopped and stared at the new citizen. A group of people ran up to Azar, muttering many phrases that Arella couldn't understand. She didn't question it though. A small smile even crossed her face. You wouldn't have guessed this young woman had wanted to kill herself a few hours earlier.

''This is where you will be staying,'' Azar said, gesturing to a door at the top of a winding staircase. ''I am in the room next door.''

Arella nodded, still not entirely understanding, but she didn't care. She was safe. Her baby was safe. That was all that mattered.

A few days passed, and the Azarathians showed her great hospitality within the palace. Arella knew that they were Azar's closest companions and they earned a right to live in this tremendous place. However some Azarathians resented her, and she could tell.

The people in the palace acted friendly, but some people who came from the outside looked at her in a way of hatred. One of these people was the head of food production, known as Juris. He visited frequently, Arella still hadn't mastered the ways of time in Azarath. She wasn't sure if there was such a thing as seconds, minutes or hours, but she dismissed it all the same.

Arella understood why he looked at her so. She was carrying Trigon's daughter after all.

Juris would play a bigger part in her daughter's life than she realised.

A few months passed, at least she thought so, and it was time for her half-demon daughter to finally arrive. She was sitting at the dinner table with Azar, who she had grown to adore, when a sharp pain in her lower abdomen caused her to clutch her stomach.

''Is everything alright?'' Azar asked, when her eyes widened as she realised the truth. Azar ran over to Arella, asking the monks to alert the doctor. She grabbed Arella's hand, and whispered words of comfort as the pair slowly walked over to the hospital part of the palace.

When they arrived, the doctor immediately understood and got the place ready for Arella to give birth. The pain felt like a knife, twisting and churning inside her, her forehead slick with sweat.

The ground seemed to shake, and indeed it was. Black swirls appeared in the emerald sky, spreading until the sky and crimson clouds were as black as death itself. The sweet smell of the air turned to a sickly pungent odour and the previously peaceful land morphed into one of chaos. The land full of life turned to one of death.

When the baby of Trigon was born, Azarath became silent. The screams and cries ceased to exist as the baby arrived in the world.

Azar stared down at the small child, with light grey skin and a fresh tuft of dark purple hair growing. The thing that made her heart melt most were her eyes. Her eyes were the colour of two amethysts. In her eyes, she could see the cosmos. She could see the stars, all the planets, and a golden flicker of stardust.

Instead of crying, the baby giggled and her eyes rolled like a storm. In those eyes, Azar could see the beauty of this girl. This girl, as she had predicted, would accomplish great things.

Raven has arrived! I had lots of fun writing this chapter (especially the descriptions as you can probably tell)

Raven has arrived! I had lots of fun writing this chapter (especially the descriptions as you can probably tell). Have a great day, week, month, year and life!