Fourteen

Over the next few days, the newly formed team discusses the different ideas they have

Over the next few days, the newly formed team discusses the different ideas they have. Robin insists that, instead of their normal names, the team must adopt nicknames.

Robin's name is Richard Grayson but recently changed his nickname from Boy Wonder to Robin. Garfield Logan has been known as The Changeling for a long time, and he has been thinking of a new name, and, with the help of Victor, he adopts a new nickname: Beastboy.

''I have a name for you,'' Robin suggests to Victor. ''Cyborg. Pretty self-explanatory.''

''Yeah. Cyborg!'' The tin man grins, fist-bumping his green friend. The two have already started to connect, in a way only best friends for life can.

''What about the nick of my name?'' Koriand'r asks, still not mastering the phrases of English.

Beast Boy has watched her in battle and has observed the lasers, shaped like stars that obliterated anything in her path. ''Something to do with stars.'' He suggests. ''You know, because you can shoot those stars bolts, and you come from space.''

The alien girl nods, accepting the suggestion, but wants to add a bit more flair to the name. ''My lasers also burn, like fire.''

The leader takes the words and merges them together to form a name. ''Starfire?''

''Yes! I am like the star that burns in the fire!'' She says. ''Starfire.'' She likes the way the syllables roll off her tongue.

''What about you, Rae?'' The green boy asks, already developing shorter versions of their superhero names. There is Cy, Rob and Star. The girl in the cloak is Rae.

''It's Rae - ven.'' She says, with a hint of annoyance in her voice. ''And it stays that way.''

''No change in the name?'' Starfire asks.

''No. It's Raven. It's always been Raven, and it is going to stay that way.''

''Well then, we are just left with the team name,'' the leader hurries on.

He gets a notepad out from his pocket, using his teeth to prise the cap off the pen, and begins to write.

''Any ideas?'' he asks the team.

Everyone thinks for a moment until Garfield offers a name. ''The Guardians?'' he suggests, his face changing the moment he says it out loud. ''Maybe not,'' he adds, but Robin still scribbles the name down anyway.

''The Alliance of Warriors!'' Starfire exclaims, whilst Robin writes down the name.

''Bit cliché,'' Raven mutters.

''Got anything, Raven?'' Beastboy asks because he heard her mutter.

''What about The Titans?'' she says almost immediately, suggesting she has been thinking of that name for a while.

''The Elite Titans?'' Cyborg adds.

Robin writes down both suggestions and adds one of his own. ''What about The Teen Titans?'' he asks.

''Glorious! That is the name we've been looking for!'' Starfire says, smiling widely.

''The Teen Titans.'' Cyborg repeats. ''Yeah. I like the sound of that.''

Beastboy nods in agreement. He looks over at Raven for an answer.

''As long as it's original, then fine.''

''Well, Teen Titans, we must plan our HQ,'' Robin says. He looks over at Cyborg, expecting a response from something he had asked earlier.

''I spoke to my dad earlier. He is happy to build it. We just need a list of basic ideas.''

As well as being a scientist, Silas Stone (Victor's father) is an experienced engineer.

''It must be a T!'' Beastboy exclaims, whilst Robin gestures for him to elaborate. ''I think it should be built as a big T because we are the Teen Titans.''

Robin writes down the first idea.

''A garage, at the bottom of the tower,'' Cyborg adds.

''The common room and kitchen can be connected!'' Starfire suggests, already having a clear layout of the tower in her head.

''As long as the rooms are separate, I don't care,'' Raven adds in her monotone.

Over the next few minutes, a plan of the tower is hastily drawn by Robin, and a list of twenty bullet points is scribbled underneath it. Robin tears the sheet out of his notepad and gives it to Cyborg.

Cyborg walks down to the lab and places the note next to his father's laptop, where he will see it. He adds a few more bullet points, and nods, satisfied with the plan.

And just like that, The Teen Titans are born.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Comment down any questions you may have about the origins of the Teen Titans! Thank you so much for voting, commenting and adding this book to your reading list. It means the world to me.