Twenty-one

I see her everywhere

I see her everywhere. In the hallway. Sitting on the sofa. In the city. Behind a lampost. On a bench. Picking flowers in the meadow.

Ariel won't leave me alone.

Why Ariel?

Too many memories keep rising to the surface, forcing my thoughts back to Azarath. Azarath. The place I was born and raised. But I had to leave.

And now I have to return.

There is no option. Something has happened that urges me to go back. Ariel has tried to warn me several times. I'm not even sure if Ariel is actually real, or just another messed up figment of my imagination. Either way, my mind keeps demanding me to go back.

I am standing outside my room with a backpack on my shoulders. I am not sure what I may encounter, but I must be prepared for everything.

I walk up to the common room, where Beast Boy and Cyborg are playing video games, Starfire is cooking one of her Tamaranean specialities, and Robin is sitting at the table on his laptop.

''I'm leaving,'' I say quickly, trying to get this over with. Simultaneously all of their heads turn in my direction.

''Friend Raven! You cannot leave!'' Starfire says, abandoning her dish and flying over towards me. ''Not for the forever, I hope?''

''I'm not sure how long,'' I begin, ''but something has happened and I need to go.''

''Where are you going?'' Robin asks and shuts the lid of his laptop.

''Azarath.'' I answer. ''I was born and raised there.'' Robin nods, and Cyborg turns off the game he was playing.

''Is it going to be dangerous?'' Robin asks, already standing up, preparing to order the team to go with me.

''It may be,'' I say. ''I don't know what I am going to find, but I sense it has something to do with my father.''

''The Trigon?'' Starfire says, and I nod.

''Rae, you can't go alone!'' Beastboy says, and Cyborg offers to go with me.

''It might be dangerous. You'll need our help,'' Cyborg says.

''I can't afford to get any of you hurt,'' I answer, muttering a spell under my breath, and a portal opens.

I can sense Beastboy is worried about me, most probably from the night before when I had the nightmare.

''I'm sorry, but I have to go alone.''

''Please, stay in the contact with us.'' Starfire adds, and hugs me before I go.

''I will. I promise I'll be back in a day, but if I need to stay longer I'll tell you.''

After a few brief goodbyes, I am about to step into the portal, but Beastboy grabs my arm.

''Be careful. I'm worried about you,'' he whispers into my ear, and I promise him I'll be fine.

With my last goodbye, I step into the glowing purple void, preparing myself for what I may encounter.

Aww. BB cares so much about little Rae Rae. I've had so much fun writing this fanfiction so far! I hope you've enjoyed reading it. Cliff hanger time! What's next? Hmm? Read on!

 Cliff hanger time! What's next? Hmm? Read on!