Chapter 12: Just Like The Rest

Comenzar desde el principio

"Y/n, where are we going?"

"Get in the car."

Bonnie does as instructed even though he is already hating everything about the outside. The light is overly bright and the shadows are overly dark so everything merges into one another, roughly making a mere two colours. You hurry into the car as he stares at you, wanting so badly to drag you back inside, but you manage to get the tires moving before he tries it. All he settles for is holding your hand as you try not to speed. He stares at it as if studying it while he squeezes and massages it, getting an odd sense of comfort as you hold his hand back. Everything else leaves his mind as he focuses on you. He can't even feel the car moving so it's as if he's floating in nothing, but he doesn't care or really notice. Your hand is the only feeling of support he needs.

~~~~~~~~~~

There's a slight screech from the tires when you park and Bonnie looks out the window as you jump out of the car. You've parked in front of a giant building that has the word 'MONTAL' out the front attached just below the roof on the wall, glowing a bright blue. You open the car door and pull Bonnie out. He notices how your eyes have gone glassy coupled with a slight redness to them like you're fighting off every urge to cry so he tries to hold you still for a moment but you merely keep pulling him along. Even while he keeps telling you to relax and go back home with him, you do not slow down. You walk through the doors of the hospital section of the building and into the surprisingly busy waiting room. Everyone's head turns to you and Bonnie as the room goes silent for a split second, the sense of hope leaving everyone in unison. Everybody knows there is only one reason you would bring Bonnie here. The receptionist doesn't even wait for you to walk up and simply stands, motioning you to follow her. So much rushing. Bonnie continues to get pulled by you as he looks around, his mind starting to wander. It looks just like any other hospital, just with a bit more traffic.

"Hi, miss l/n!" a young man says. "How can I help?"

"I need you to check Bonnie." You push him forward, towards a chair.

There's a slight change in the doctor's expression when you say that. A flash of sadness. He shakes his head and grabs some things from the desk as you get Bonnie to sit down. The doctor walks over and sticks something in Bonnie's neck after pressing some buttons on it, as well as sticking sharp needle-like sticks into his cheeks. You flinch when they stay still and don't fall off like they should have. While the device is doing a scan of sorts, the doctor grabs a small flashlight and holds open Bonnie's left eye just as you did – the only difference being he shines the light into it. Bonnie flinches and looks away, closing both his eyes despite the fact it didn't hurt, he just didn't like it. The device beeps before the doctor does the same to the other eye so Bonnie is spared from the uncomfortable feeling. The sticks are taken out alongside the device and the doctor plugs it into a very complex-looking computer while Bonnie zones out, staring at you.

~~~~~~~~~~

Everything blurs while you talk to the doctor about how Bonnie was acting that prompted you to bring him here. His neck is starting to hurt where the device was. A weird, tingly feeling, like t.v static. The only thing that snaps Bonnie out of his trance is you suddenly moving, which makes him panic for a short second. You've walked over to the computer the doctor is standing in front of and are looking at the screen while he presses some buttons. Bonnie tries leaning from side to side to see the screen but it's completely blocked by the two of you so he's just left to wait for one of you to move, which doesn't take long. You stutter while stepping back, freezing up for a second before sighing deeply and holding your face in your hands. The sigh was shaky and brittle like you are refusing to cry, but either way, Bonnie twitches and looks at the doctor for an explanation on what made you react like that. He's biting his lip while staring at you and when he sees Bonnie he steps back from the computer so he now has a full view of the screen. It takes a moment for Bonnie to focus on it but when he does, the text on the screen is crystal clear. He's tested positive for The Devil's Infection.

"I'm so sorry," the doctor says to both you and Bonnie.

You take a deep breath in and bite your knuckle before speaking. "It's ok...this was going to happen sooner or later..."

You walk over to Bonnie as he stares at the screen, not really processing what he just read, and the doctor gathers some papers.

"We should have some rooms open," he says.

You nod as Bonnie grabs your face as if looking deeper into your eyes will tell him how to make you happy. The doctor walks out of the room and you hold Bonnie's arm to follow, constantly biting your lip to stop yourself from crying even though you knew this would happen. It's still world-shattering. You have seen so many go through this from the beginning to the end and now Bonnie is next in line. So much pain is waiting for him and no one can do anything about it so he'll be left to suffer. The thought of him meeting a possible fate is already starting to eat away at you.

~~~~~~~~~~

"This is Dr. Kin. He'll be taking care of Bonnie," the doctor says before leaving.

Dr. Kin flips through some papers as you sit Bonnie down on the hospital bed.

"Alright, so you just got diagnosed as a type two, yes?" he says.

Bonnie nods slowly, more focused on holding your hands since he's worried you'll leave. Dr. Kin mutters a very small 'oh no' which you seemingly don't hear so Bonnie looks at him and is greeted by a worried expression.

"Have you had any sort of headache since you got infected?"

Bonnie shakes his head.

"I think he got infected sometime last night..." you say.

Bonnie tugs at your shirt when he hears the worry and sadness in your voice but you try and give him a smile, which isn't enough. Dr. Kin shakes his head and grabs Bonnie's shoulders to pull him properly onto the bed so he can lie down but he only moves when you push him.

"I need you to make a promise for me," Dr. Kin says, "a very serious promise... If you get any sort of pain in your head, you must tell someone – anyone – instantly. Don't brush it off as nothing, don't try and push through it, don't do anything but inform us so we can stabilize you as best we can."

"Why?" Bonnie stares at the ceiling.

"Because the first few days of Fatal Insanity are always hectic since the virus is planting itself throughout your body – specifically your brain. And the brain is a very sensitive area, even for animatronics, so when it hits that area, you will experience excruciating pain that I can't even put into words to properly describe it. It can happen at any moment so you must tell us."

"Ok..." Bonnie caresses your cheek as you stare off into nothing.

"Miss l/n. Can you wait in the waiting room? I don't want you to see him like that."

You nod slowly. Even though every part of you wants to stay and support Bonnie, you know it's not the best choice since you wouldn't be able to do anything once he hits that painful episode. You'd just be getting in the way since it can be very delicate so even the slightest touch can make everything so much worse. As you turn Bonnie snaps at your wrist.

"No! Don't go." He sits up.

"I'm just going to be in the waiting area, and when I'm given the clear, I am going to be right back here beside you. Ok?"

Bonnie's eyes start to shake again so Dr. Kin gently pulls your arm and takes you out of the room. For some reason, the eye shaking is now completely obvious to Bonnie, and it's making him dizzy as it feels like the whole room is spinning. He flashes from seeing you still standing there to you being gone and his eyelids twitch. Dr. Kin wasn't exaggerating when he said it can happen at any moment. Although Bonnie can't really process much at the moment, he remembers that this is bad, but he doesn't remember that it has to be known by doctors, despite being told it mere moments ago. All his memories seem to come and go and at one point he doesn't remember his name. He snaps back to reality occasionally before going back to his thoughts, and he's always in a different position when in the real world. Though none of this makes sense to his glitching mind, he understands one thing.

He's got a horrible headache.

Oh no, it's going to happen, prepare yourselves. And no picture so yay me -_-. Until next time!!