Chapter 36

Jen's POV:

Waking up, there's an arm holding my waist and my back is pressed against a shirtless body. I'm in my room but my head is pounding and I can't remember anything from last night...

Turning my neck to see who is holding me in place,  I see James.

Ok Jen, what happened last night? 

I search long and hard in my head until suddenly everything from last night comes back harder than the headache and I'm breathless.

I have a boyfriend...

HOLY SHIT!

I HAVE A FUCKING BOYFRIEND!

JAMES IS MY BOYFRIEND AND HE ADMITTED HIS FEELINGS LAST NIGHT!

I'M IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH MY BEST FRIEND!

BDUWIUHOFIDNNSIOADBIBDU...WOW!

Am I dreaming right now?!

I attempt to pinch my arm.

"Ouch Jen, wtf?!" A deep, raspy, husky voice says near my ear. I feel his breathing on my neck and his hand now making patterns on my skin where my shirt has risen slightly. I smile before speaking.

"Sorry, I was just trying to make sure everything that happened last night was real."

"I would hate if it wasn't" James replied with a frown. I turn my body towards him so now were facing each other. Lying my head on his chest, I throw my leg over his body and kiss his neck.

"Me too, I just can't believe that we're actually in a relationship..." A deep chuckle rumbled in his chest, coming out raspy.

"Yea, I know, I honestly didn't think you would forgive me."

"It's in the past now, Love. Let's not worry about that." I pause before continuing.

"Imma go brush my teeth so I can kiss you..." I attempt to get up but his arms quickly wrapped around me, stopping my action. I'm now straddling him.

"There's no need, Babygirl."

"I'm not kissing you without brushing my teeth." I say with my head down.

James rolls us over so he's on top.

"Yes, you are..."

"Nope"

"Yes"

"No"

"Babygirl..."

"James..."

"Jen..."

I glared at him.

"Ok, ok, fine." He removed himself from atop of me and I rolled off the bed, for once, landing on my feet. I walked to my bathroom, brushing my teeth and he followed me a few moments after, doing the same. When we were both done, I began to speak.

"Ok, Baby I-" I was cut off by his hands grabbing my face and our lips meeting. The kiss lasted a few seconds longer than a peck but was passionate and soft. I didn't want a repeat of last night so I pulled away. By the end of it, I was breathless.

I rested my forehead against him as I tried to regain my breath and waited for one of us to speak up. James went first.

"So, I heard the rest of the group downstairs, you wanna go get breakfast?"

"Yea, sure." I replied, walking out of the bathroom.

"Lemme just put some more clothes on."

"Babe, you're already wearing clothes."