Chapter 2

Jen's POV:

"Hey baby girl, it's okay, I'm here" he said in a voice while rubbing my arms.

I still couldn't speak so I nodded.

I love it when he calls me baby girl.

I looked up to meet his eyes with confusion when he began walking out of the room.

Of course, this only made me cry harder.

Damn, Jen, stop being such a lil bitch!

"So you're leaving too huh?" I said while sobbing.

Ok, maybe I'm being a little dramatic...

I was waiting for my front door to open and close but it never came. Instead, my thoughts were interrupted by a soft kiss on my nose and my favorite stuffed animal put in my arms.

"Potato, I'm not leaving you, I just went to go get Ruffles" he explained.

"Oh." I said with a sad smile.

I also love it when he calls me Potato. It formed when we were younger and he claimed my head was shaped like a potato while I claimed he looked like a bear because of his chubbiness and bear hugs.

All I want to do was crawl into bed and continue to cry but knowing James, he wouldn't let me do that.

"Thanks" I exclaimed in a more cheerful mood.

He somehow always knew how to cheer me up and it would be so annoying when I would try and stay mad at him. I could never do that because he'd always make me laugh.

"Let's go get some ice cream!" He shouted in an excited tone.

"YES!" I shouted along with him, no longer crying or sad. I love how he knows me the best.

The warmth of his body left mines while he retrieved the vanilla ice cream and toppings. "Chocolate syrup with gummy bears?" He asked in a knowing tone.

"Hmm, idk? " I replied with a smirk and laughed.

With two bowls of vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, a bag of gummy bears, he carried me on his back and we sat on the couch. While I got comfortable, he set up our all-time favorite movie, 'Father Of The Bride' and I cuddled up next to him, eating my ice cream, once he sat down.

After we watched both 'Father of The Bride' 1 and 2, we moved onto our childhood shows.

Times like these were my favorite because we could relive our childhood memories in the form of television shows.

I remember some of our favorite shows were Caillou, Barney, Yo Gabba Gabba, Dora, Go Diego Go, and The Backyardigans. Along with Max and Ruby.

Before I knew it, my eyes began to flutter close and I was asleep.

This is how things should stay...

Hai guys!!! I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! What's your favorite childhood show? Please don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me

Hai guys!!! I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! What's your favorite childhood show? Please don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me. I always follow back!

Until next time,
My Lovely Little Potatoes 🥔❤️