Chapter 29

James POV:

It's been three days since I last talked to, seen, and admired Jen.

That makes today Saturday.

I have no one that I want to talk to.

Jen...

The only people that I can talk to are our friends.

Even then, I feel like I'm putting my burden and issues on them, so I hold back a lot. Alex has really tried to help me though.

Once again, he reminded me that Kayla's party is tonight. He and I both know that Jen is gonna be there. We made a plan to get my baby back.

What's the plan, you may ask.

The plan is Seven Minutes in Heaven.

That game is one of the most played games in our school and at party's, being that the school is literally named Heaven High.

Alex came up with the idea of getting me and a group of people together, including Jen, and just playing the game. I'm gonna act like I'm drunk and hopefully, I can confess my true feelings for her. I have no idea how this is gonna work but tonight, we may find out.

We can deal with that later though.

It's time to eat breakfast...

Jen's POV:

Waking up this morning and finding the motivation to actually move and get out of the hole I've been in for the past few days, was extremely difficult.

After the whole ordeal with James, I just needed some time to focus on myself. It's been 3 days of no contact with him and I think I'm going crazy.

When I see him at school, a part of me wants to go and hug him while the other part was telling me to run.

I've been listening to the latter.

Running from the one person I thought would never hurt me, is the hardest.

I want him to reassure me that everything will be ok and hold me, just like the old times.

I don't understand what's happening between us right now but I kinda want things to go back to how they were before.

Back when we could call each other names and say mean things, not feeling any of it. Once the summer ended, so did the "just best friends" concept and that's the scariest part.

If we do end up together, I don't want the relationship to ruin us...

I need some help.

It's time to call the girls over...

-
Within an hour, Kyra and Cora are over at my house and eating up all the newly bought groceries...

That's best friends for ya.

Anyway, wanting to know why I called them over, other than to hang out, they pinned me down on the floor after an "intense" wrestling match.

By "intense" I mean that they literally pushed me to the ground and I decided not to get up...

Explaining my stress and issues to them flowed out naturally. They were some of the easiest people to talk to and made me feel as if I wasn't putting a massive burden on them. It's not that big but more of a load, of info.

Haha, that's what she said...

Back to what I was saying though, they seem to make all of my problems seem small and easy to fix, that is one of the reasons that they're my best friends.

After I finished explaining, they were quiet. This was a rare sight because Lord knows that they can talk like there's no tomorrow.

I spoke up after a few seconds.

"So... y'all got any advice?"

Even after I said that, they were still silent.

"We're going to the party tonight" Kyra finally spoke up.

"Yes, yes we are and you're gonna look fine as hell." That was Cora

"Hell is a bad place, what the fuck?"

"Not tonight, your gonna be the sexiest bitch there..."

"No thanks, I'm still going to the party but I'm not gonna be super dressed up in a slutty outfit and a load of makeup."

"We would never make you look like a slut..."

"You guys don't remember Halloween two years ago?"

"Ok but that was part of the theme."

"Yea, the theme of the party was superhero..."

"Yea but no one said we had to go dressed as some slutty Power Puff Girls."

"Touché," My best friends say at the same time.

"Welp, it's time to get ready and get Jen sexified."

"That's not a word, Love"

"I don't care, Jen, let's go get ready. Also, we're borrowing some of your clothes..."

Together, Cora and Kyra pulled me off the floor and dragged me up the stairs.

Here we go again...

Hey Guys.

I hope y'all enjoyed! Please don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me! I always follow back!

Until Later,
My Lovely Little Potatoes 🥔❤️