Chapter 43

Shae's POV:

Ok, so, maybe I don't remember where exactly Sophia said the keys were...

All I remember from that argument was something about me being stupid for getting stuck in the baby swing at the park.

To be fair...

If all of the other little kids could swing while feeling secure, why can't I?

Ya see my point?

Anyways, after we searched the dirt in each pot, there was dirt everywhere...

From the floor to our hair and I mean everywhere.

How the hell did I get some in my pants, you may ask...

Welp, to be honest, I have no idea.

It probably happened when we had that mud fight. 

Or, when we were playing with the garbage shoot.

Or, when we dumped one of the flower pots on Cayden and Kyra when we found them kissing in the corner.

Yep, that was the one.

Ok, maybe it wasn't the best idea...

My point is, now that all of the plants are garbage, my pants are dirty, and everyone has dirt in places where it shouldn't be, I decided that it might be time to call Sophia...

"Guys, you think we should call her now?"

"You should've done that earlier but it is what it is..."

"Yea, just call her already, I have dirt in my freaking bra."

"Cora, I could've lived my whole life without knowing that."

"CALL HER, I'M UNCOMFORTABLE!"

The elevator doors open and a beautiful young woman steps out of it.

"Call who?"

"Sophia?" I question.

"Hey, guys!"

I rush toward her, pick her up, and spin her around, ending it with a kiss. Damn, I've missed her.

"Baby! How did you know we were here?" I ask her as the rest of the squad says their hellos.

"Oh, I knew y'all were here from the moment y'all pulled up. I was across the street at the small coffee shop when I heard Jen yelling..."

"HEY! To be fair, I got hit in the head with a damn pillow!"

"Jen, shut up. We all know you were just being dramatic. Did you apologize yet?"

"Why do you assume I have to apologize?!"

"Well for one, I know how you get when you're mad. Two, you have a tendency to threaten really mean things when you're mad, and three, as one of your friends, I already know that the threat had something to do with you hurting someone or something..."

Jen stood with her mouth hanging open...

"Also, my security called me about 45 minutes ago, saying something about a group of children playing in some dirt on my floor. They sent me the footage of you guys ruining my flowers. Then, I got a complaint from the nice old lady right below me about a group of people who were making a mess and kept throwing dirt down her lovely food shoot..."