Chapter 38

Jen's POV:

I remember feeling myself being lifted onto something slightly hard and straps being pulled over my body.

I heard screaming, crying, and shouting but I couldn't decipher whose voice it was.

I could feel the movement of the vehicle I must have been placed in and the sound of voices asking questions.

No matter how hard I tried, I just could not get the strength to open my eyes.

I could feel a painful stinging in my foot covered in gauze and something soft being placed over me.

I remember the dizzy feeling from before I fell.

I remember the aroma of rose perfume clouding my senses and something cold being placed over my head.

The only thing I can't remember is if I got to eat or not because now, waking up in a hospital bed with a boot around my foot and a cold wet cloth placed on my head, I'm hangry and the IV placed in my arm is not helping.

As if sensing my annoyance, a petite looking young woman entered the room with a cart full of food. On the cart was my favorite food.

Wendy's...

"Oh, you're up! Did I wake you?"

"No, but you must have superpowers because you entered the room right when I was gonna start screaming for food."

"Oh no ma'am, a young man out there in the waiting room bought you some clothes and undergarments to change into and he says that Wendy's is your favorite food and wanted me to give this stuff to you." She paused before continuing, "I'm a nurse, Carrie, the doctor's assistant. You're able to leave now and we called your parents to handle the discharge papers. If you need anything before you leave, just press that red button on the remote. "

I nodded

The lady handed me the food, drink, sauces, and ice cream that was beginning to melt.

I'm so happy right now that I could cry...

"Also, try to keep off your foot if you don't have the boot on."

"Alright."

"Ok, I'm gonna head out. Press the button if you need anything..."

She sets everything down and leaves as I begin to eat. Finishing up, I take the bag of clothes that the lady gave me and change in the bathroom.

Ready to leave, I collect my thing and make my way to the waiting room, hoping to see James and the rest of the squad.

Before I could completely get out the door, a doctor, I assume from the coat, made her way towards me.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Elizabeth, you should have met my assistant, Carrie. I'm also actually a friend of your mothers..."

"Oh ok, hello..."

We shook hands.

"Wanna take a walk?"

"Sure, I was heading to the waiting room anyway."

We start walking the short distance.

"I was just notified that you've been here on multiple occasions. Is there something going on? I also saw that you have a scar near your hairline and you had some glass in your foot earlier...Do you need me to call anyone?"

"Oh, no, it's nothing like that. The scar came from the time I slipped on glue and hit my head on a sink while trying to prank my boyfriend and the glass was from this morning when I dropped it and fainted, resulting in me accidentally stepping on it while trying to find my balance..."

"Are you sure?"

"I mean, why would I lie?"

"No reason, Miss, I was just checking..."

"Mhm..."

"Anyways, we've arrived for the most part and I think that young man right there is trying to catch your attention."

I look up, seeing James holding flowers with a huge smile on his face and looking in the opposite direction. Almost as if he was waiting for me to look at him, we meet eyes and he races over to me.

I'm picked up and spun around.

When my feet finally touch the ground, he gently kisses me and a smile spreads on my lips. We break apart to breathe when someone clears their throat.

I look to my side only to see my parents.

Oh shit...

Hey guys,

My normal picture isn't working but this is it. I promise the next chapter will be better and longer but this story is sadly almost over. I'll be updating by the end of the week.

Until Later,
My Lovely Little Potatoes 🥔❤️